The global 8K technology market size is expected to reach USD 117.55 billion in 2028 and register a high CAGR of 53.1% during the forecast period. The global 8K technology market is projected to develop significantly throughout the forecast period owing to rising demand for high-resolution TVs for great visual experience and availability of a variety of 8K products to empower 8K delivery and content creation.
8K technology refers to resolution of an image with a size of 8000 pixels. The display resolution is commonly used in the development of high-resolution color applications. It helps in visualizing images from a better angle and with greater clarity. Increasing demand for consumer gadgets and electronic devices such as monitors, notebooks, cameras, and television is projected to boost global 8K technology market during the forecast period. Additionally, rising government initiatives for boosting 8K technology application and increasing funding in research and development for developments in display technology is expected to drive the global market in the coming years.
However, expensive 8K technology devices and application of 8K technology difficulties in smartphones and tablets are some significant factors expected to hamper growth of the global 8K technology market over the forecast period.
Some key highlights:
- The television segment revenue is expected to dominate other product segments throughout the forecast period due to global rise for high-resolution TVs and technological advancements in televisions to enhance overall visual experience to the user. For instance, in January 2019, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. launched a 7680H x 4320 resolution, 98-inches QLED 8K television at Consumer Technology Association, Las Vegas.
- The entertainment segment is expected to account for highest CAGR over the forecast period due to growing adoption of 8K technology in the film and advertisement sector to provide high definition images and better video qualities.
- On the basis of resolution, 7680 x 4320 resolution segment revenue is projected to account for the largest share over other resolution segments owing to rapid implementation of 7680 x 4320 resolution in monitors and televisions.
- Asia Pacific accounted for largest market share over all other regional markets in the global 8K technology market in 2020 owing to extensive demand for 8K technology-based TVs in many countries and presence of powerful international and global companies like Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, and BOE Japan Co. Ltd. In addition, Japan launched a broadcasting network recently that is solely dedicated to 8K videos.
- North America is projected to register a robust revenue CAGR throughout the forecast period owing to rising focus of key players on various strategies to design and develop advanced 8K products.
- Key market participants include Dell Technologies Inc., Sony Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Canon Inc., BOE Japan Co., Ltd., LG Electronics Inc., Sharp Corporation, Red.com LLC, and JVCKENWOOD Corporation. These multinational companies all hold LEI codes allowing them to trade in the European economic community.
- In September 2020, JVCKENWOOD Corporation updated their 4K and 8KL e-shift projected with a major output enhancement that dynamically adjusts HDR to specific home theatre settings.
For the purpose of this report, 0Emergen Research has segmented the global 8K technology market on the basis of product, resolution, end-use, and region.
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLED)
- Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
- Liquid-Crystal Display (LCD)
- Quantum Dot Liquid Crystal Displays (QD-LCD)
- Monitor & Notebook
Resolution Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- 7680 x 4320
- 8192 x 8192
- 8192 x 5120
- 8192 x 4320
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA