Morocco, a captivating country known for its diverse landscapes, rich culture, and warm hospitality, has much to offer its visitors. If you have a week to spare and want to explore Morocco beyond the typical tourist trail, this 7 days in Morocco tour itinerary from Casablanca is the perfect guide. We’ll take you through lesser-known destinations that promise an authentic Moroccan experience. So let’s start this extraordinary journey and discover the hidden gems of Morocco!
Day 1: Arrival in Casablanca and Visit to El Jadida
After arriving in Casablanca, take a short trip to the coastal city of El Jadida, a UNESCO World Heritage site that showcases a unique blend of Moroccan and Portuguese architectural styles:
- Portuguese Cistern:This atmospheric underground chamber, once used for water storage, is a must-see for its impressive architecture and lighting.
- Mazagan Fortress:Explore the ramparts and bastions of this well-preserved fortress that offers panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Day 2: Volubilis, Moulay Idriss, and Chefchaouen
On day two, explore the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis, a UNESCO World Heritage site:
- Arch of Caracalla:Admire the triumphal arch built to honor the Roman Emperor Caracalla, with its detailed carvings and inscriptions.
Next, visit Moulay Idriss, a holy town known as the birthplace of Moroccan Islam:
- Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss:Pay respects at the tomb of the town’s founder, a sacred site for Moroccan Muslims.
End the day in Chefchaouen, the famous blue city nestled in the Rif Mountains:
- Medina of Chefchaouen:Wander through the blue-washed streets, filled with cozy cafes, local crafts, and picture-perfect corners.
Day 3: Akchour Waterfalls and the Talassemtane National Park
On day three, enjoy the natural beauty surrounding Chefchaouen:
- Akchour Waterfalls:Hike to these breathtaking waterfalls, where you can take a refreshing dip in the turquoise pools.
- Talassemtane National Park:Discover the diverse flora and fauna of this park, home to the endangered Barbary macaque and unique fir forests.
Day 4: Tetouan and Al Hoceima
On day four, head to the coastal city of Tetouan, known for its Andalusian-influenced architecture:
- Medina of Tetouan:Wander through the narrow streets of this UNESCO-listed medina, admiring the whitewashed buildings and vibrant markets.
Continue to Al Hoceima, a picturesque Mediterranean city:
- Plage Quemado:Relax on this beautiful beach, offering crystal-clear waters and stunning views of the surrounding cliffs.
Day 5: Oujda and Figuig
On the fifth day, venture to the eastern edge of Morocco to visit Oujda, a bustling city with a rich history:
- Dar Sebti:Explore this early 20th-century palace, now home to a museum and cultural center showcasing local history and art.
Then, discover the desert oasis of Figuig, known for its unique palm groves:
- Ksar Zenaga:Explore this ancient fortified village, featuring traditional mud-brick houses and narrow streets.
Day 6: Midelt and Ifrane
On day six, travel to Midelt, a town surrounded by the stunning Atlas Mountains:
- Jebel Ayachi:Take a hike to the summit of this imposing mountain for breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
Next, visit Ifrane, often called the “Switzerland of Morocco” due to its Alpine-style architecture:
- Al Akhawayn University:Wander around the picturesque campus of this American-style liberal arts university, located in the heart of Ifrane.
- Lion Stone:Snap a photo with this iconic stone sculpture of a lion, located in a small park near the city center.
Day 7: Bhalil and Sefrou
On the final day, uncover the lesser-known gems of Bhalil and Sefrou, located near the city of Fes:
- Bhalil Village:Visit this unique village known for its cave dwellings, some of which are still inhabited by local families.
- Sefrou Waterfall:Enjoy the serenity of this beautiful waterfall, located just outside the city of Sefrou.
- Medina of Sefrou:Stroll through the charming streets of this ancient medina, which offers a more authentic and less touristy experience compared to larger cities.
Our 7 days in Morocco tour itinerary from Casablanca takes you off the beaten path and showcases the country’s hidden gems. From the coastal city of El Jadida to the enchanting blue streets of Chefchaouen, and from the stunning natural beauty of Akchour Waterfalls to the rich history of Oujda and Figuig, this itinerary promises an authentic and unforgettable Moroccan adventure. So get ready to embark on a journey that goes beyond the ordinary and explore the magic of Morocco like never before!