Joint pain can be devastating, restricting daily activities and draining both emotionally and physically. There are different types of arthritis causing immense discomfort and pain in the back or knee. The only solution to this kind of problem is visiting reputed orthopedics and going for partial or total orthopedics & joint replacement.
Thus, it is best to visit an orthopedic specialist if you are feeling stiff or sore after sleeping or being sedentary for a long time. There are several treatment alternatives for arthritis, including physical therapy, alternative therapies, medicines, surgeries, and injections. The treatment depends on the joint pain severity and damage.
What are the Common Symptoms of Arthritis?
Symptoms that tend to slowly build up with time and might need orthopedics & joint replacement include:
- Ache or pain in a joint during different activities at the end of the day or after a long activity
- Specific restricted motion after a movement
- A popping or clicking sound whenever a joint bends
- Muscle weakness near the joint
- Swelling in and around the joint
- Joint buckling or instability whenever a knee gives out
Different types of arthritis have an impact on different body parts differently, leading to orthopedics & joint replacement.
- Hip pain includes pain in the buttocks or groin area and sometimes on the thigh or knee inside
- Bony growth occurs at the joint edge, causing the fingers to swell, becoming red and tender, sometimes with pain at the thumb base
- A scraping or grating feeling while moving the knee
- Tenderness and pain in the big toe with possible swelling in the toes and ankles
Which arthritis type can cause crippling?
The type of arthritis that can cause crippling is rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is a systemic disease that includes other body organs along with joints.
What are Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery?
Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgery can remove pain and improve your daily function. It replaces the damaged joints to relieve the pain and restore the damaged joints. The most commonly replaced parts are the knees and hips. An orthopedician determines the most appropriate process depending on the joint condition. With the help of this surgery, orthopedics address the following injuries.
- Fractures like a broken wrist, hips, kneecap, compression vertebrae fractures, and many more
- Meniscus tear
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tear in the rotator cuff, causing immense shoulder pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tendon injuries like Achilles tendon or ACL rupture
- Ankle sprain
- Hip or shoulder labral tear
- Tennis elbow
- Stress fracture
But no matter whatever problem you are facing in your joints, orthopedician can definitely help you.
How do orthopedicians diagnose and treat arthritis?
If you are suffering due to pain, swelling, or stiffness in one or more joints, then only an orthopedician can detect, diagnose, and treat the arthritis. The doctor will review the medical history, check out for particular symptoms, consider different medicines you are taking, and perform a comprehensive diagnosis to reach to a conclusion.
An orthopedician is well-experienced in differentiating between different types of arthritis and provides treatment to the patients accordingly. Thus, you have to visit a knowledgeable and well-versed doctor to enjoy a long-lasting and efficient life with no pain or limited movement. Based on the arthritis’s extent, severity, and location, an orthopedician might not first recommend Orthopedics & Joint Replacement. They might at first go for non-invasive treatment.
Summing it up
Arthritis has been affecting millions of people across the world for ages. It can damage the joints in the hands, hips, spine, and knees. Only an experienced orthopedician can manage the arthritis symptoms or reverse the joint damage through medicine physiotherapy or Orthopedics & Joint Replacement surgery. So if you also have arthritis which is making you crippling, it is time to visit the best orthopedician in town.
Read More From Techbullion