The Yoga Mat Market is expected to be valued at USD 11.13 Billion by 2027 from USD 8.83 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 3.1% through the forecast period. The market has observed significant growth due to the escalating initiatives carried out to raise awareness about yoga’s health benefits among the new and old generation. The augmenting need to minimize stress levels by boosting the parasympathetic nervous systems has accelerated the adoption of yoga across the world. Escalating incidences of chronic back pain in the senior population has escalated the yoga practice sessions among the geriatric population, thereby increasing the requirement for comfortable yoga mats.
With the burden of chronic diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases increasing across the world among the younger and senior population, there is a rising need to control health conditions through yoga. This is because yoga plays a pivotal role in managing blood sugar levels, maintains blood pressure, and reduces the chances of heart diseases. This is, in turn, augmenting the growth of the yoga mats market.
Soaring investments from the manufacturers and their increasing focus to develop environmentally sustainable and biodegradable yoga mats are projected to boost the application of rubber in the yoga mats’ production. The yoga mats produced by these manufacturers are made from tree rubber harvested sustainably, and these mats have lower toxicity levels when compared to polyvinyl chloride material-based yoga mats. The yoga mats are also more durable and tactile.
Key Highlights from the Report:
- The e-commerce sub-segment occupied a significant share of the industry in 2019, accounting for nearly 52.9% of the global market. The accelerating penetration of smartphones and the internet and the increasing accessibility in developing nations are boosting the segment growth.
- The natural rubber sub-segment is projected to proliferate at a significantly high CAGR during the estimated timespan, registering a CAGR of 3.8%. The growth can be attributed to the surging investment by the producers to develop eco-friendly and biodegradable yoga mats utilizing natural rubber.
- The Asia Pacific occupied the largest share of the industry in 2019 and is forecast to retain its dominant position in the market over the projected timeline. This can be accredited to augmenting government initiatives to promote healthy lifestyles, boost awareness about lifestyle advantages of yoga, and encourage lifestyle changes due to increasing sedentary lifestyles.
- Major companies in the global market include ADIDAS AG, Liforme Yoga, Columbia Sportswear, Lululemon Athletica, Hugger Mugger Yoga Products, Manduka, LLC, Jade Yoga, Sequential Brands Group, Inc., Fabrication Enterprises Inc., and Barefoot Yoga Co.
- Columbia Sportswear Company, a leader in active lifestyle apparel, accessories, footwear, and equipment, in October 2020, chose Ayden as its chief payment provider. Ayden will be officially introducing the former across Canada, the U.S., and Europe. The strategic initiative will provide Columbia Sportswear and its brand portfolio access to a combined commerce platform with a single payment view and customer information in online and in-store purchases.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global Yoga Mat Market on the basis of distribution channel, material, and region:
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Supermarket & Hypermarket
- Specialty Store
Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Natural Rubber
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Others (Jute and Cotton)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/yoga-mat-market