FedEx truck accidents are almost unavoidable, given the company’s size and workforce. The huge pressure placed on drivers for timely deliveries is one of the most notable causes of these mishaps. Due to this continual pressure, drivers may speed or sometimes break the law. Other reasons may include the heavy weight of the trucks or distracted driving or driving while exhausted.
But suing a large company like FedEx for an accident is not an easy process. They have the resources and a legal team to undermine your claims and deny you the money you deserve. Hence, it is always advised to work with FedEx accident lawyers.
Why Are FedEx Truck Accidents Serious?
Accidents are dangerous, and any motor vehicle crash is a painful experience. However, being involved in a large commercial FedEx truck accident may lead to catastrophic injuries and even death.
Due to the size and weight of commercial trucks, FedEx accidents often result in serious injuries.
Steps To Take After Being Hit by a FedEx Truck Accident
Handling a FedEx truck accident may be more complex than any routine vehicle accident case. Commercial drivers are required by law to adhere to tougher regulations and carry more expensive insurance coverage. Commercial drivers must adhere to stricter safety regulations when operating their vehicles. Additionally, FedEx works with several skilled accountants and attorneys who are entirely responsible for safeguarding their company’s financial situation.
You must take the following actions if you are struck by a FedEx truck.
- Call 911 and ask for emergency assistance. Call right away if you believe someone may be hurt. Additionally, you must not object to medical care.
- Request the arrival of the police at the scene of the collision and insist on a report. Police will question the drivers and witnesses as they look into the accident and compile a report. This report is an important record for the case to progress for a claim.
- Obtain copies of the other driver’s insurance information and driver’s license.
- Get your tech out and try to take several photos of the accident site. Even if you have suffered severe injuries, it’s best to get photo documentation. If you are unable to take pictures, have a police officer, witness, or passenger take them.
- Obtain the names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- It is critical to get medical assistance following an injury. Medical records are substantial proof of your injuries and help to determine the settlement amount.
How Are FedEx Truck-Related Complaints Assessed?
FedEx truck accidents are investigated in the same manner as any other collision. Here are several factors that determine the value of a FedEx accident claim.
- The severity of injury
- Damage to person and property
- Current and anticipated medical expenses
- Recovery time
- Emotional pain
- Involvement of illegal substances or alcohol
Potential Parties at Fault in FedEx Truck Accidents
Unlike private accidents, the corporation may be held accountable for your injuries and property damage if a FedEx vehicle strikes you. First, if the driver’s negligence is identified as the sole reason for the crash, your attorney may opt to sue FedEx for indirect responsibility. FedEx may also be held accountable for negligent supervision if it poorly trains drivers or hires drivers with invalid licenses. However, note that FedEx does not simply accept responsibility for accidents. Admitting a mistake can cause them to pay heavy amounts, and they avoid doing so by using every possible strategy.
How To Recover Compensation for a FedEx Truck Accident?
The victims involved in a FedEx truck accident case need to follow two steps to get adequate compensation. The first is to file a claim with FedEx. This requires an attorney to gather facts about the accident, prepare an insurance claim, and negotiate appropriate compensation with a FedEx insurance adjuster.
The second step is to file a personal injury lawsuit. Your attorney will involve witnesses and accident reconstruction experts throughout the trial to present evidence and convince the jury that you are entitled to financial compensation.
Investigating cases involving employees from large corporations is complex and requires the assistance of FedEx truck accident attorneys.