Increasing demand for protective clothing and emergence of eco-friendly sustainable waterproof breathable textiles are key factors driving market revenue growth
The global waterproof breathable textiles market size is expected to reach USD 3.27 billion in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period, according to a latest report by Reports and Data. Increasing demand for protective clothing owing to increasing focus on worker and personnel safety is expected to continue to drive market revenue growth during the forecast period. Availability of waterproof breathable textiles is supporting the development of improved and effective protective clothing. Emerging countries such as India and China are experiencing high demand for protective clothing as these countries are considered to be major manufacturing hubs. Besides, easy availability of low-cost labor and favorable government regulations are also resulting in the development of various manufacturing units in these countries. Increasing adoption of protective clothing in the oil & gas industry to prevent mishaps and injuries would propel growth.
Moreover, growing awareness of safety of workers is driving demand for protective clothing, which, in turn, is increasing the usage of waterproof breathable textiles. Development of eco-friendly waterproof breathable textiles, owing to surging shift of customers towards sustainable textiles is boosting revenue growth of the market. Manufacturers nowadays are increasingly investing in the development of high-performance and comfortable fabrics. Hence, these companies are experimenting with material innovation and eco-friendly designs.
In 2021, for instance, Specialty Elastomers experts in Huntsman created a new Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) grade named IROGRAN A 85 P 4394 HR TPU for technical extrusion parts and blown film applications. It provides novel improvements, compared to previous generation technologies in terms of production efficiency, durability and minimizing manufacturing waste. The new product can be utilized in high pressure industrial and municipal applications such as firefighting textile lamination. It can also be used as a breathable, waterproof layer for rugged performance apparel.
Major players in the market include Clariant AG, HeiQ Materials AG, Helly Hansen, Marmot Mountain LLC, Mountain Hardwear, Nextec Applications, Inc., Polartec, LLC, Rudolf GmbH, Schoeller Textiles AG, and SympaTex Technologies GmbH.
Some Key Highlights in the Report
- In January 2020, Toray collaborated with Patagonia to launch new Torrentshell 3L Line. Patagonia is one of the largest volume customers of waterproof breathable ‘Entrant’ technology of Toray, which is marketed and sold by Patagonia under its H2No Performance Standard. The 2020 Torrentshell 3L line is more durable and comfortable 3-layer roots with a new hydrophobic membrane. It is custom designed for Patagonia by Toray to be more durably long-lasting in comparison to rainwear membranes available in the market.
- Polyurethane segment is expected to register largest market share over the forecast period. Rising investment in research and development activities for the production of cost-effective waterproof breathable textile composites with outstanding breathability would propel growth of this segment. Also, these new composites would enhance users’ comfort and thus boost demand for polyurethane films.
- Membrane segment is expected to register considerable revenue share over the forecast period. Increasing usage of waterproof breathable membranes in a large number of activewear, backpacks, and sports apparels is likely to aid growth. It is happening as these membranes are capable of resisting sweat and dirt, as well as surge durability.
- Sports goods segment is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period. Rising adoption of comfortable and lightweight clothing by customers that can absorb sweat while playing sports or doing intense workout would augment usage of waterproof breathable textiles in sportswear.
- The market in Europe is expected to register significant revenue CAGR over the forecast period. Presence of a well-developed sporting culture such as football, basketball, cricket, and rugby, as well as high popularity of various sports activities would fuel demand for active sportswear in this region. These factors are likely to propel the usage of waterproof breathable textiles in Europe.
View Full Report Description with Table of Content@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/waterproof-breathable-textiles-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented global waterproof breathable textiles market based on material, fabric, application, and region:
- Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE)
- Fabric Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
- Densely Woven
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
- General Clothing and Accessories
- Protective Clothing
- Sports Goods
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Million Square Meters, 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America