In 2021, the vegan cat food market is anticipated to grow gradually and achieve total revenue of US$10,560.4 million. Sales of vegan cat food are predicted to soar between 2021 and 2031 at a CAGR of 7.2 percent, according to Future Market Insights (FMI). For the duration of the evaluation period, market growth is expected to continue to be positive overall.
Vegan cat chow contains absolutely no animal-derived ingredients and is manufactured exclusively from natural plant-based ingredients. The market for vegan cat food will expand in the upcoming years as a result of reasons like the spread of the vegan movement, the humanization of animals, and the rise in pet ownership.
The following are the main conclusions from the market study on vegan cat food:
- By 2021, 39.2% of the global market for vegan cat food will come from North America, the region with the largest market share.
- With a market share of 23.5 percent in 2021, kibble and dry cat food will continue to be the most popular product type.
- The kibbles are cooled, dried, and coated for protection. Demand has increased as a result of the increased convenience they offer.
- For adult cats, demand for vegan cat food is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 6.3 percent.
- Sales of vegan cat food in supermarkets will increase and make up 86.4 percent of all sales in 2021.
The top competitors in the global vegan cat food market have a clear system for classifying their products. According to a key FMI analyst, “Manufacturers are concentrating their research and development efforts on offering distinctive and nutrient-rich products that are excellent for the health of cats.”
Leading manufacturers still prioritize investing in research and development.
As significant companies around the world, particularly in the developed world, boost their investment in research and development, the market for vegan cat food is anticipated to grow significantly.
The increased demand for plant-based food for both people and dogs around the world is another factor driving the market throughout the projected period.
Additionally, producers are creating new product categories that will support business expansion, such as vegan frozen, freeze-dried cat food and a variety of cat snacks, like crunchy nibbles and cat chew sticks.
The emphasis on maintaining a cat’s weight and general health has increased as people have become more conscious of what is best for its health. Customers appreciate product quality high and have a wide variety of gastronomic options.