The Global Unmanned Composite Materials Market is expected to be valued at USD 3,222.3 Million in 2027 from USD 1,064.4 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 14.8% through the forecast period. Unmanned systems are remote-controlled or self-driving machines equipped with AI sensors, automatic control systems, and advanced communication and data processing features. These systems are used extensively in military operations, rescue or search operations, and civilian surveillance. The widely used unmanned systems include unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs), and unmanned undersea vehicles (UUVs). Composite materials, which comprise specific binding and reinforcement materials like matrix and fiber, are ideally used in unmanned systems. These materials offer improved strength, robust toughness, lightweight, payload increase, and prolonged flight distance. The matrix materials are usually metallic, ceramic, or polymeric; while, the fiber materials generally comprise carbon, boron, glass, or aramid.
The global unmanned composite materials market is projected to register significant growth in the upcoming years, primarily due to the extensive usage of lightweight, high-performance composite materials in unmanned systems. The surging need for reducing the weight of unmanned systems, augmented durability and reliability of advanced composite materials, the rising deployment of UAVs and UGVs, and growing demand for lightweight, energy-efficient, and cost-effective composite materials among OEMs are pivotal factors propelling the global market growth. The emergence of disruptive technologies for unmanned systems, the increasing use of UAVs and drones in the military sector, and the growing demand for self-driving electric cars are other significant parameters stimulating the growth of this market. However, the high manufacturing costs of unmanned composites is a critical factor expected to restrain the global unmanned composite materials market growth in the near future.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights from Report:
- Based on material type, the carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) sub-segment dominates the global unmanned composite materials market in terms of market share. CFRP is one of the primary composites widely used in unmanned systems, especially UAV airframes. These composites are much lighter than glass fiber reinforced polymer (GFRP) and are made of thermoset resins that make them highly resistant to heat.
- Based on platform, the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) sub-segment held the largest share in the overall market revenue, owing to various favorable factors. UAVs, also known as drones, find profound application in numerous military activities. They are made of superior, high-performance composites, such as boron and aramid fibers. Hence, the escalating adoption of military UAVs for aerial surveillance, search and rescue operations, maritime patrol armed attacks, and reconnaissance purposes is the key factor driving this segment’s growth.
- The Asia Pacific unmanned composite materials market is expected to account for the highest revenue share over the forecast timeline. The growing adoption of UAVs/drones and aerostat systems and the rapidly increasing use of unmanned systems for military and civilian applications in the region are boosting the regional market growth.
- The leading market competitors include Renegade Materials Corporation, Startasys Ltd., Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd., Solvay, Teledyne, Teijin Ltd., Gurit, Hexcel Corporation, Owens Corning, and Toray Industries.
- In December 2020, Skydio, the global leader in autonomous flight technology, collaborated with Arris, the leading producer of advanced composite materials, to redefine the UAV airframe design using Arris’s breakthrough Additive Molding™ carbon fiber technology.
Emergen Research has segmented the global unmanned composite materials market based on material type, platform, application, and region:
By Material Type (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP)
- Aramid Fiber Reinforced Polymer (AFRP)
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer (GFRP)
- Boron Fiber Reinforced Polymer (BFRP)
By Platform (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
- Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV)
- Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV)
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV)
By Application (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
By Region (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/unmanned-composite-materials-market