Tourist Visa Australia (Subclass 676) was a temporary visit visa in which a person can stay in Australia for the specified period of time for the purpose of tourism, family and friends meet or some other purpose for the stay up to 3 to 12 months.
But after certain changes this tourist visa is being replaced by a Visitor Visa with the same requirements and eligibility criteria.
Australian Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)
Australian visitor visa is the same as tourist visa that allows single or multiple entry stay in Australia temporarily. People hoping to visit Australia on a short term basis other than business or medical treatment are encouraged to apply for this visa.
- As per Australian laws, those who were already in Australia on Tourist visa can replace their visa with visitor visa, if eligible, at least 2 weeks before its expiry.
- You need to come back to your native country if you are not eligible for a visitor visa i.e., you fail to replace the previous one before its expiry and it says “No Further Stay”.
Visa you need for Tourism
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) is applicable for tourism purpose
- Visitor visa allows you to stay in Australia for consecutive 90 days
- Its valid for 3 to 12 months
- Its a Multiple Entry Visa that allows you to stay for up to 12 months
- If you are already in Australia and your visa is about to expire then this visa will help you stay longer in Australia.
Types of Visitor Visa
Apply inside Australia
In case your Visa is about to expire but you need to stay a little longer than this visa is suitable for you. You can take a dual visa and it will help you prolong your tenure for up to 12 months.
Apply outside Australia
This Visa is the same as the previous tourist visa. It lets foreigners visit their family, friends and can go on discovering Australia for up to 12 months.
Sponsored Family Stream
This Visa lets sponsored family members (Sponsor by Australian citizens, or permanent residents) to visit their family members in Australia.
This visitor Visa is for business owners who want to visit for their business purpose
Frequent Traveler Stream
This Visa lets frequent visitors of China stay up to 10 years in Australia, each stay will not exceed 3 months.
Approved Destination sponsored Steam
This visa also falls under subclass 600 and allows specific tour groups in China to visit Australia (Except SARs) for the stated period of time granted to them.
Person should apply at least 4 months prior to their visit for a Tourist Visa Australia.
- Your Passport
- You must attach all your required documents
- Check to see if you have unconsciously made any mistake
- DOB format
- If your documents are in language other than English, then you must attach your translated documents along
- Birth certificate if you are under 18
- Strong Financial resources
- Intent to return to your native country
- Invitation from family fiends (if required)
Tourist Visa Australia is an absolute necessity if you want to visit Australia to experience the beauty of Australia in full swing. For more information regarding the Visa Application process, kindly visit our website.