Car window tinting is an often overlooked process in exterior detailing and deserves proper attention. It can create a sleek appearance for vehicle. Let’s explore some benefits of having a window tint:
- Protection from Ultraviolet (UV) rays: Window tints provide drivers and passengers strong protection against UV radiation from the sun during the daytime. Spending hours driving under the sun can result in health-related issues like dehydration, dryness, heatstroke, and possible skin cancer in the future. Quality window tints offer great protection.
- Interiors are protected: The non-ionising radiation emitted by the sun is harmful to human skin and the car’s interior. For example, constant exposure to UV rays can cause leather upholstery to dry out, stiffen, and crack. Similarly, the car’s dashboard will start to fade, and electrical components could be damaged. When you park your car under the sun, you risk experiencing a sagging dash pad, faded upholstery, or impaired rubber weather stripping. A suitable window tint can greatly reduce this damage.
- Glare: It can be quite dangerous to have glare while being on the move as it can distract the driver’s view of the road. This is where a good window tint comes into the picture. They have a great anti-glare quality which makes it much safer while driving.
- Shatter Glass Protection: Broken windows during an accident can be quite dangerous. Window tint helps hold the glass together, preventing it from shattering into shards during a collision. This reduces the risk of flying debris and ensures that you are left with only a crack in the window.
- Greater privacy: A vehicle with tinted windows can be safer as most can’t see inside your car, especially when you have valuable items inside.
- More comfortable: Apart from privacy, you get protection from UV rays and direct sunlight, preventing them from hitting your face. The tint also helps keep the interior of the vehicle cooler which can make a difference during hot days.
- Classy appearance: A window tint will give your vehicle a sharp, elegant and classy look.
What Kind of Car Window Tinting Should You Choose?
When you set to choose car window tints, here are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Communicate: Talk to the dealer and let them know the kind of look you want for your car. Car window tints are available in various colour options to match your car’s colour and design.
- UV Protection: Check if the window tint you choose offers protection from UV rays and efficiently keeps out excessive heat during hot days.
- GPS: If you frequently use GPS apps on your phone, be sure to mention to it as metallic films tend to block phone signals. Carbon films are designed to allow the penetration of phone and GPS signals.
- Explore options: There are several types of tints you can choose from. Ceramic window tint has been gaining popularity over the years. Detail Lab offers quality nano-ceramic films for car window tinting.
- State Law: Before opting for a window tint, it’s best to check the state laws. Every State in Australia has specific rules about the percentage of tint you can add.
Why Choose Detail Lab for Car Window Tinting in Sydney?
If you are looking to get your car window tints, it’s a good idea to go with professionals. Detail Lab is among the top car detailers in Sydney, providing Nano-ceramic window tint. Their experienced team work closely with you to find out the best look for your car. You can reach out to them on 1300 344 334 or email them at email@example.com for more details.