If you are struggling to choose the best online course platform and best kajabi alternatives, this article will help you with detailed guidelines.
The LMS (learning management system) market is growing each year significantly. Research suggests that the LMS market is estimated to turn into $28.1 billion by 2025. While you are planning to create and sell online courses, it’s important to pick the right course creation platform.
There are plenty of course creation platforms available, but it’s not an easy task to pick one platform among them. Today, I’m here with the top seven best online course platforms to help you start creating eLearning courses right away. In addition to the review, we will also compare online course platforms from different aspects.
Before going deep into the article, let’s first know what to look for in an online course platform.
How to Choose the Best Online Course Platform
Before choosing the best course platform to sell online courses, you have to keep some key factors in mind. There are a lot of course creation platforms available in the market. However, the ideal course platforms should contain these aspects:
1. Content/Course Type
Content is the king of any platform. There can be different types of LMS content. So, you should always ensure that the platform aligns with your content. Decide what kind of content you will be offering and choose the right online course builder accordingly. A good course creation platform should come with different content types like text, video, audio, quizzes, assignments, etc.
2. User-Friendly Interface
Perhaps this is where most course creators need to catch up. An intuitive and user-friendly interface is the key concern for both course instructors and learners. So, go for a course platform that offers an easy-to-use interface and a responsive design.
3. Easy Customization Options
Not all course creation platforms are easily customizable. Therefore, you need an easily customizable platform. With good customization options, you can customize the content according to your branding needs.
4. Marketing and Sales Features
Selling your course needs some effective marketing strategies. Consider the marketing and sales features the platform offers. Check the features like email marketing, automation, lead generation, payment processing, and affiliate programs.
5. Pricing & Budget
Every business has a particular budget. So, plan according to your budget. Check the pricing plans, including subscription fees and additional costs. Be sure to grab the most cost-effective online course platform. If you are short on budget, go for the best free online course builders from our review.
Think about your long-term goals. Is the platform scalable to support your growing audience and content library? If yes, then go for it. Choose a scalable platform.
Now, let’s explore the top seven best online course creation platforms that allow you to create courses easily.
7 Best Online Course Creation Platforms Review 2023 (Comparision)
Now we will give you a detailed overview of the top 7 best platforms to create online courses. We are going to compare the platforms with important aspects like ease of use, features, pricing, customer reviews, support, etc. Let’s get started!
1. EzyCourse (The best all-in-one online course platform) #1 best Kajabi alternative
EzyCourse is a user-friendly all-in-one online course platform to simplify the course creation process for you. With this drag-and-drop course builder, you can start selling courses with a few clicks.
Fortunately, you can get started with EzyCourse with a free trial. The most exciting aspect of EzyCourse is its wide range of features. It comes with more than 16 revenue streams where creators can sell courses, membership, digital and physical products, book appointments and events, etc. You can also create a dedicated learning community with EzyCourse.
Notably, the all-inclusive platform offers a dynamic learning experience for your students. It lets you create a super interactive platform to engage with your students in the group chat or private chat. Moreover, you can also create any type of site with the EzyCourse Site Builder. There are many more options like lead generation, email automation, and multi-language support. EzyCourse offers a unique smart upsell feature to make a more profitable sale.
You will also get some premium add-ons inside the dashboard. Some of the notable add-ons of EzyCourse are Web Push Notifications, White-Label Android & iOS Native Mobile Apps, Social Network Feeds, etc. Last but not least, EzyCourse gives you a branded mobile app. And you can remove branding from the very basic plan of this platform. All these features have made EzyCourse one of the best online course platforms for online course creation.
- Interactive course preview
- 12 lesson types
- 16+ revenue streams
- White label branding
- 6 different pricing options to sell courses
- Sync with EzyCourse branded White-Label Android & iOS Mobile App
- Powerful video player without buffering
- Drip-scheduled courses system
- Native certificate builder
- 250+ amazing pre-made templates
- Built-in advanced and graded quizzing system
- Communities along with courses
- Group or private chat
- Free and premium blogs
- Smart upsells to make a more profitable sale
- Audio and video libraries
- Real-time push notifications
- Popup notifications
- 17+ free and premium add-ons
- 170+ languages support
- A smooth, one-click magic checkout process
- Complete dynamic membership sites
- WebHooks integration
- And many more
- Feature-rich & intuitive course builder
- User-friendly and easy-to-use
- The most cost-effective course platform
- Extra add-ons to extend functionalities
- Extremely interactive platform with communities, chat
- Accept payment with all popular payment getaways like PayPal, Stripe, Google Pay, AliPay, FastSpring, Razorpay, etc.
- The powerful WebHooks integration seamlessly connects with platforms like Zapier, Pabbly, etc
- Easy email marketing feature to send white-labeled email
- Lead generation and automation
- Customization options for branding from the basic plan
- 24/7 dedicated support
- The built-in blog editor is not properly mobile optimized.
Pricing: You can start exploring the online course platform with a free sign-up. There are different pricing plans. EzyCourse Basic plan starts at $31/month which is suitable for personal course creators. To get more professional functionalities, you have to go for the Pro plan at $65/month. EzyCourse offers flexible pricing options that are suitable for both beginners and established course creators.
2. Thinkific #2 best Kajabi alternative
If you are looking to create a course from scratch, Thinkific is there to help you. You can get started with your first online course right away using the ready-to-use templates.
Thinkific comes with a lot of useful features like live lessons, community-building, and assessment features. You can build +a course using this platform in two parts: course material and a landing page. Luckily, you will get some helpful tips on creating a course with the templates. Moreover, you can easily create quizzes and assessments to test your students’ knowledge. This online course platform offers comprehensive reporting and analytics to help you track student progress.
Notably, Thinkific has an easy-to-use website builder where you can pick any pages you need. You can also show testimonials just by turning on student reviews and adding them straight to the landing page. Overall, it’s one of the best LMS platforms with a user-friendly course builder. Thinkific offers a wide range of features and advanced marketing and sales integrations as well.
- Plenty of ready-to-use templates
- Drag-and-drop course builder
- Bulk import your content to save time and effort
- Live lessons and webinars to interact with students
- A white-labeled mobile app to drive user engagement
- Thinkific App Store to improve the learning environment
- Community along with courses
- And many more
- Offers a landing page builder to get started easily
- Plenty of third-party integrations with popular software
- Improve engagement with apps from the Thinkific App Store
- Keep your content secure
- Built-in sales and marketing tools to boost sales
- Students can share their achievements with built-in social sharing on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- A white-labeled mobile app to drive user engagement
- Poor support according to many customer reviews on Trustpilot
Pricing: Thinkific comes with different pricing plans. Thinkific Basic starts at $36 per month in the annual plan. The most popular Thinkific plan is Grow Plan which comes at $149 per month.
3. Teachable #3 best Kajabi alternative
If you are looking for a beginner-friendly course builder, Teachable can be a good option. It’s a simple, easy-to-use, and flexible platform.
Teachable helps instructors to make courses, coaching, and digital downloads. It’s a feature-rich option offering some excellent features like AI features, membership, flexible payment options, and sales & marketing tools. You will get a subdomain in the free version and a custom domain in the paid version. Notably, Teachable accepts payment in 130 currencies from multiple payment getaways like PayPal, Stripe, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.
Moreover, you can make your Teachable platform stand out with some advanced features. It offers custom user roles, advanced theme customizations, and some other advanced features. However, if you are not comfortable with Teachable, you may look for some Teachable alternatives.
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop builder.
- Multiple integrations with popular tools like Google Analytics, Zapier, MailChimp, etc
- Variety of payment options accepting payment in 130 currencies
- Customer user roles and automatic payouts
- Marketing and sales integrations
- Options to sell digital products
- Easy-to-navigate platform
- Highly customizable course design
- Plenty of third-party integrations
- Multiple payment options
- Powerful marketing and sales tools
- Comprehensive analytics and reporting
- IOS mobile app
- 53% negative 1-star review on Trustpilot
- Poor support according to some user reviews on Product Hunt
Pricing: Teachable offers four pricing plans: Free, Basic, Pro, and Pro+. The Free plan allows you to create and sell unlimited courses, but it has limited features. The Basic plan starts at $39 per month including a 5% transaction fee. If you go for the Pro+ plan, it will cost you $199 per month and offers all of Teachable’s features. Know more about Teachable Pricing.
4. Kajabi (#1 Best alternative EzyCourse)
Kajabi is a popular online course platform that allows instructors to create, sell, and manage their online courses easily. It offers plenty of powerful features, including a course builder, landing pages, email marketing, membership sites, webinars, and analytics.
It will be a good choice for online trainers who want a powerful and feature-rich platform. Using Kajabi, you will get some powerful marketing and sales tools to reach more students. Plus, the comprehensive analytics and reporting feature will help you gain insights about your courses. It also accepts payments from several popular payment gateways.
However, Kajabi is similar to EzyCourse and especially well-suited for creators with high budgets. Overall, Kajabi is a powerful and versatile course builder for creators who want to build and scale their online courses.
- Easy to use and interactive course builder
- Pre-made landing pages
- Built-in email marketing tools
- Membership sites
- Live webinars
- Comprehensive analytics and reporting
- A comprehensive suite of features to scale your business
- Easy-to-use course builder
- Powerful marketing and sales tools
- Easily track progress and make informed decisions
- Increase revenue with easy checkout and payment options
- An AI Hub tool to help you build and launch products
- Yet Kajabi is a powerful platform, but it’s way more expensive than other platforms. It starts at $119 per month.
EzyCourse is the best Kajabi alternative, Click here.
Pricing: Kajabi comes with different pricing plans: Basic, Growth, and Pro. The Basic plan starts at $119 per month. Besides, the Growth plan starts at $159 per month and adds features such as membership sites, webinars, and automation. Finally, you will get the Pro plan at $319 per month.
5. Podia (#4 best Kajabi alternative)
Podia is a beginner-friendly course platform to create and sell courses, build a community, and grow it. It is especially suitable for newbies who are starting their journey as an instructor.
It is a user-friendly platform that allows course hosting, membership sites, and digital downloads. However, you may not get all the features in it like other platforms in our list. There are some useful marketing features like email marketing tools, affiliate marketing, and other essential integrations.
Moreover, it doesn’t take any transaction fees in the premium version and you can sell unlimited courses. Overall, Podia can be an attractive choice for creators with a low budget and lower demand for features.
- Automatic tax collection
- Popular email marketing platforms integrations such as MailChimp and ConvertKit
- Membership sites
- Free course migration
- Detailed analytics and reporting
- Drip courses for delivering content section-by-section
- Easy to use, even for beginners
- Easily track sales, engagement, and other metrics
- Drip courses help you deliver content section-by-section
- Useful features like email marketing, membership sites, and webinars
- No transaction fees
- Affordable pricing
- No open API is available
- The page design is not enough customizable
Pricing: Podia is offering three pricing plans: Starter, Mover, and Shaker. The Starter plan starts at $4/m with 8% fees per sale. Besides, the Mover plan starts at $33 per month with 5% transaction fees per/sale and the Shaker plan comes at $59 per month. This plan adds features like membership sites, webinars, zero transaction fees, etc.
6. LearnWorlds (#5 best Kajabi alternative)
LearnWorlds is another online course creation platform for tutors to build courses easily. It lets you create and sell courses, memberships, and coaching programs without much hassle.
It offers plenty of features and integrations to help creators create engaging and interactive learning experiences. This course builder has an intuitive website builder to get started. Moreover, you can also build a community around your courses, and grow your course reach. What’s more, there are some exciting features like AI Assistance, social learning, interactive video lessons, assessment builder, analytics, and reports. With all these, LearnWorlds offers a premium learning experience to the students.
Overall, LearnWorlds can help professional instructors with its robust functionalities. It’s a very useful platform with a variety of user engagement and marketing tools inside it. This is one of the Best LMS for selling courses with a costlier premium plan. You should go for it if you are a professional instructor.
- Easy-to-use course builder
- Interactive video lessons
- White-label website and mobile app
- Analytics and reporting tools
- Robust community-building tools
- Integration with marketing and sales tools
- SCORM compliance
- The easy-to-use course builder allows creators to create different types of courses
- A variety of gamification features to help creators engage their learners
- Live webinars and interact with their learners in real-time
- Social and interactive learning features
- Email marketing integration to send automated emails
- Offers a variety of third-party integrations
- Provides 24/7 customer support via email and live chat
- Higher cost than the alternatives
- Customer service is questioned multiple times on Trustpilot customer review
Pricing: LearnWorlds offers four pricing plans: Starter, Pro Trainer, Learning Centre, and High Volume & Corporate. The Starter plan comes at $24/month but with transactional costs. The Pro plan starts at $79 per month and offers more features, such as custom branding and unlimited courses. The Learning Centre plan starts at $249 per month and offers even more features like membership sites and live webinar support.
7. Udemy (#6 best Kajabi alternative)
Udemy is one of the largest and most popular online course marketplaces. However, this marketplace doesn’t give you the flexibility or customizable like other platforms we reviewed. Still, you can use this global marketplace to sell online courses without making any membership sites.
There are more than 49 million students in the best e-learning platform. To publish your course on this platform, you just need to sign up as an instructor. Interestingly, Udemy comes with a Marketplace Insights tool for helping you choose a topic based on your expertise and high demand. What’s more, you will get resources to know how to create the best online course.
Another good thing about Udemy is similar to EzyCourse, it’s a great authoritative site. So, there is a higher possibility of ranking in search engines. It also offers a custom coupon tool for enrollment incentives. However, Udemy contains a revenue share model where instructors receive 37-97% of the revenue for Udemy sales depending on the condition. Also, there are some other sites like Udemy that you can try.
- Simple instructor onboarding
- Marketing promotions
- Coupon tool
- Marketplace Insights tool
- Revenue share mode
- 24/7 support from the help center
- Access millions of potential students on the platform
- Udemy offers excellent support and a helpful knowledge base
- No upfront costs, no subscription or sign-up fees make it the best free online course platform
- A range of marketing tools to enhance your course’s visibility
- Great SEO and Paid Ads support
- Teaching Center to access valuable resources on course creation
- Instructors have limited control over course pricing
- Higher competition as there are a large number of courses available
Pricing: Udemy offers free enrollment for course instructors. However, the platform implements a revenue-sharing model that includes:
- Udemy takes a 3% share of sales driven by your coupons or referral links.
- For other sales, Udemy takes a substantial 63% share of the revenue.
Final Words: Which is the Best Online Course Creation Platform for you?
The right online learning platform can make or break your course creation business. Whether you’re an experienced instructor or just starting, you need the best online course creation platform to create and sell online courses or you are looking for the best Kajabi alternative.
We have provided a comprehensive guideline for you so that you can choose a course creation tool. Hopefully, you are planning to go for the right course creation platform. Consider the content type, user interface, customization options, marketing features, pricing, and scalability while choosing the best course platform.
If you have any queries regarding your course creation platform, feel free to reach out to us. We love to hear from you. Happy online course creation journey!