Earning an APICS certification is a big step in becoming an industry expert. The Association for Operations Management, also known as APICS, offers many benefits to its members. Gaining one or more of the certifications can broaden your job prospects and make you more valuable to employers. Here are 10 benefits associated with APICS certification:
- Higher Earnings: APICS certifications may help you secure better wages and promotions, as employers prefer those with knowledge in OPS management that certified professionals provide.
- Brand Recognition: Professional credentials give you prestige and recognition in the operations management industry. An APICS certification is known globally in more than 80 countries, giving you instant credibility with employers.
- Career Advancement: Certified members have an edge over their peers without formal qualifications in ops management. This may lead to accelerated promotions due to their in-depth knowledge and business & operations strategies.
- Networking Opportunities: Through organizations like APICS, you can network with other professionals in the field. This can help you work together productively and advance positions on team projects. It may also be helpful during the Covid-19 pandemic, as employers need full staff to keep up with fluctuating commodity prices. This puts the certified members in a great position to help keep global enterprises connected, stable, and productive, while staying ahead of the competition with new operations management solutions.
- Their hard work and dedication ensures everyone is safe and appropriately skilled, delivering expected results anytime. Proving themselves worthy makes them unique and equipped to handle larger loads efficiently, no matter the obstacles.
The APICS certification is a prestigious credential program created to recognize supply chain professionals who have achieved excellence in production and inventory management. Here are the top 10 benefits of becoming APICS certified:
- Enhances credibility. It is easier for employers and clients to trust CPIM certified professionals.
- Enhances employability. CPIM designation sets you apart from the competition.
- Provides networking opportunities. APICS members can access workshops, webcasts, discussion boards, and job postings.
- Refines knowledge base. Exams continually hone skillset, plus courses can further bolster curriculums.
- Promotes confidence. Study boosts confidence and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional growth potential. Being certified means higher pay, more positions, and increased marketability.
- Adds global viewpoint. People gain international perspective on managing production & inventory challenges.
- Develops leadership skills. CPIM certification provides an opportunity to take on leadership roles.
- Satisfies customer needs quicker. People are better equipped to cope with external environments.
- Saves money long term. CPIM certification enables better resource allocation, resulting in more profits.
Cost of APICS Certification
The price of APICS certification depends on your exam type and location. Generally, people or companies must pay a registration fee and certification costs which include course textbooks, online resources, and the exam.
It is important to consider the time spent studying and preparing for the exam. Many individuals dedicate weeks or months to learn about supply chain management and operations research. This process can need many resources (books and others) and other prep efforts like taking practice tests.
Lastly, people or companies should think about the potential career benefits of an APICS certification such as higher salaries, better job offers, and career advancement. These costs should be compared to what may be gained from having an APICS certificate when deciding whether to pursue it.
Preparation Tips for APICS Certification
APICS certification is an industry-recognized credential that can help you advance and demonstrate your skill in business management and supply chain practices. But before you can reap its benefits, you must first prepare for the exams. Here are some tips:
- Become familiar with APICS Study Materials: The APICS website has info on preparing for the exam, credits accepted, and available study materials. They offer both self-study and instructor-led courses.
- Make a commitment: Set aside time for study and practice each day or week to stay on track.
- Utilize practice exams and study guides: Practice exams provide insight into what type of questions to expect and how prepared you are. Taking multiple practice exams allows familiarity with common areas covered.
- Join a local APICS chapter: Joining provides access to networking, mentorship programs, and educational benefits.
- Take some extra time off work: Taking a few days off can provide relief and focus on studying without distractions. Taking one day off two weeks prior can provide perspective from mentorships.
- Reach out for help if necessary: Don’t be afraid to reach out for assistance if needed. Experienced professionals who achieved success exist amongst us all!
APICS certifications provide plenty of advantages. It is a great investment for those in operations and supply chain fields.
By registering for the APICS certification prep course, you are one step closer to getting recognized in the industry. Passing the APICS exam will show employers your knowledge in many areas like operations, production, inventory control, MRP, quality control, global supply chain management, and distribution/logistics.
Obtaining an APICS certification will help you stand out from other applicants, and can even help you get promotions or jobs outside of your current employer. It showcases to employers your commitment to continuing education and best practices in supply chain management.