According to the latest FMI report, sales of tocopherols are expected to reach US$825 million by 2032 and grow at a CAGR of around 7.5% through 2032.
Due to growing animal health concerns, the use of mixed tocopherols in animal feed is increasing. Due to the growing preference for high quality chicken and pork, tocopherol is in high demand in the animal feed industry. The product contains a good amount of vitamin E, which is considered important for animal consumption, which leads to an increase in the sale of tocopherols.
Vitamin E is essential for many pets, including dogs and cats, as it performs a number of tasks. For starters, vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and prevents cell damage caused by free radicals, which are linked to a variety of dangerous diseases such as cancer, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and others.
While vitamin E deficiency in pets is rare, cats are significantly more vulnerable than dogs. Because the diet of all fish often contains less vitamin E, which is necessary for natural fat metabolism, pets may be at risk of developing yellow fat disease if supplementation is not provided.
Supported by these factors, sales in the tocopherols market are expected to gain momentum at a healthy pace during the forecast period.
“Growing concerns about obesity, an aging population and government efforts are leading to an increase in the consumption of nutritious foods and snacks, which should increase the application of tocopherols in the food and beverage industry,” he said. the FMI analyst.
Key learning points:
- Due to the growing consumer preference for natural ingredients in hair and skin care, sales in the personal care segment are estimated at US $ 201.2 million.
- Based on type, alpha-tocopherol sales are expected to increase at a significant rate.
- In terms of origin, demand for soy-based tocopherols is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% in 2032.
- The European tocopherol market will reach $ 101.4 million by 2022.
- Due to its antioxidant properties, sales of mixed tocopherols are expected to increase at a significant CAGR over the forecast period.
Major players operating in the global tocopherol market aim to reach a broad consumer base by implementing various strategies such as product innovations, marketing and promotion activities, strengthening distribution channels and adopting sustainable production. Some of the leading companies offering tocopherols include:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Kemin Industries
- COFCO Tech Bioengineering
- Riken Vitamin Co., Ltd.
- BandD Inc. Nutritional Ingredients
- Davos Life Science Pte. Srl and others.