Instagram videos have become increasingly popular and the demand for creating them has skyrocketed. There are best practices to follow when editing the video clips that, if followed, will serve you well in reaching your goals with your IG videos and also inspire others to look at your content.
Which Videos Should You Post on Instagram?
If you’re looking to post more videos on Instagram, here are a few tips to follow:
- Choose the right video length for Instagram. For optimum performance and engagement, aim for videos that are between 1-4 minutes in duration.
- Consider using graphics or hashtags to drive attention to your video content.
- Produce your videos with crisp, clean visuals – Instagram is especially picky about how videos look and can penalize you for lacklustre video quality.
- Make sure your voice is pronounced and clear when filming/speaking in your videos – this will help viewers better understand what you’re saying.
Why is Editing Important for Video Content
Editing is important for video content because it can make a video more engaging and interesting to watch. Here are four tips to help you edit videos for Instagram:
- Use powerful software to edit videos. Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects are two of the most popular video editing programs on the market, and they both offer powerful features for editing the videos. If you don’t have either program, consider using a video editor that includes basic editing features, such as Windows Movie Maker or iMovie.
- Use consistent camera angles and angles for transitions. When shooting your video, be sure to use consistent camera angles and angles for transitions between scenes. This will help create a cohesive look for the video.
- Use music to add atmosphere and impact. Music can help add atmosphere and impact to your videos. Be sure to choose music that complements the tone of your video and also fits in with the overall theme of your account. For example, if you’re creating travel-related videos, try choosing acoustic music that evokes images of open roadways and expansive vistas. Conversely, if you’re creating content related to fashion or lifestyle topics, try using electronic music with a strong bassline that reflects your lifestyle.
How to Edit a Video
If you’re on Instagram and love videos, but don’t know how to edit them to make them look their best, here are a few tips to help you out!
First and foremost, be aware of the different Instagram video formats. There are three main types: square, longform, and vertical.
For square videos, use the following guidelines:
- Use 140px width x 90px height as your dimensions.
- Activate “Fit to Screen” in the settings of your phone or camera. This will fit your video into the available space on Instagram, and make it look better when it’s posted.
- Upload video in .MP4 format.
Use these guidelines for longform videos:
- Use at least 1080p resolution for your video.
- Use 60fps for smooth footage–this will give it that cinematic feeling.
- Upload video in .MP4 or .MOV format.
For vertical videos, use these guidelines:
- Set up your camera with a level so your videos look evenly spaced on the screen when they’re put together.
- For optimal viewing experience on iphones and other smaller screens, take a square crop.
Whether your videos are vertical or not doesn’t matter to our algorithm as long as they’re in 1080p resolution, but it is something you can do to better suit the platform they’ll be uploaded to.
Some Instagram Video Examples from Influencers
The best way to determine if a video is good for Instagram is to think about what the platform is intended for. Instagram is a visual platform, so try to keep your videos concise and visually appealing.
Here are some tips for editing videos for Instagram:
- Choose a clear and well-lit workspace. Shadows and overexposed areas will make your video look like a photo instead of a video.
- Keep your video length between 1 and 2 minutes, shorter than that and it’ll be mostly seen as a picture, longer than that and it’ll be more of an advert.
- Use filters and effects sparingly – too many and the video can start to look tacky. Go for subtle ones that add polish rather than overwhelming the viewer.
- Use music that fits with the tone of your video –ads tend to use more upbeat beats while lifestyle videos might be more mellow.
- Post original content that’s relatable to your audience – they will want to follow you if they feel like you’re talking to them directly.
With over 300 million active users, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. Videos are a big part of Instagram’s content strategy and are integral to their growth as an online platform. But despite being so popular, many people don’t know how to edit videos for Instagram well. In this article, we will provide some tips on editing videos for Instagram that will help you create professional-looking videos that can reach a large audience. So whether you want to increase your follower count or just improve the quality of your video content, following these basic tips should help you achieve your goals.