Founded back in 2014 by Dr. Christopher Otiko, ViaDerma is a publicly traded specialty pharmaceutical company that has been highly committed to bringing new products to market by developing & licensing out their innovative healthcare technology to leaders within the pharmaceutical industry in a wide variety of therapeutic areas.
Viaderma’s lead product, Vitastem Ultra, is regarded as one of the strongest topical antibiotics in the world and uses an innovative transdermal drug delivery (TDD) method to apply almost any active ingredient to a topical drug.
The transdermal drug delivery industry is already massive and growing quickly. According to this analysis, “The U.S. transdermal drug delivery system market size was valued at $30.31 billion in 2022 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% from 2023 to 2030. Increasing demand for painless drug delivery, coupled with rising demand for self-administration of drugs, is anticipated to fuel the growth. The growth of the market is also propelled by ongoing technological advancements in the field.”
Originally designed over 10 years ago to heal diabetic ulcers and wounds, Vitastem boasts that over 96% of patients who used Vitastem see significant improvement within just 2 weeks of use, dwarfing the largest name brand Rx competitor at 50% of patients seeing improvements at around 20 weeks.
Often regarded as a “miracle worker” by healthcare professionals and their patients, Vitastem Ultra is proving to be a very promising medication for several infectious skin diseases, wounds, surgical & diabetic wound care, along with killing antibiotic-resistant bacteria like staph infection and MRSA (flesh-eating bacteria) too.
Judi Miller, FNP at The Wound Pros had this to say, “Vitastem has been a miracle worker on my patient’s wounds. In the 9 months, I have been using it I have not seen one infection to the wounds. Patients love it, so do I. Easy application and extremely effective.”
Here are a few questions with Dr. Christopher Otiko, the founder & CEO of ViaDerma.
What made you decide to start ViaDerma?
I really wanted to start a company that produces medication that could save a lot of lives.
What made you decide to create Vitastem?
Vitastem was created to treat diabetic foot wounds and prevent amputations. To date, Vitastem has been used to save countless amputations due to diabetic wounds.
Why is Vitastem considered one of the most (if not ‘thee’ most) powerful antibiotics in the world?
It’s mainly about the chemistry and proprietary formulas used. Here are some key features & benefits to know about Vitastem Ultra.
- Vitastem Ultra has saved countless patients from amputations, while reducing their hospital stays and increasing their life expectancy.
- Vitastem Ultra is the only antibiotic in the world that kills bacteria with both a physical and chemical mechanism – giving it a unique ability to defeat drug resistant bacteria like staph infection & MRSA (flesh-eating bacteria).
- Vitastem’s patent-pending, specialized combination of ingredients and delivery formula enables medicine to be transported at 10x the strength and depth of other products in the marketplace today. This formula stimulates the cell wall such that it is up to 10x more permeable than normal, which allows substantially more medicine to enter the cell – overwhelming and killing the bacteria so quickly that it doesn’t have time to adapt and develop any resistance.
- Vitastem Ultra is the only antibiotic that contains both vitamin D3 and vitamin C (ascorbic acid). By infusing damaged skin cells with these vitamins, Vitastem Ultra has a unique ability to heal, repair, and regenerate tissue unlike any other medication on the market.
- Vitastem Ultra is safe for all age groups. It’s an OTC topical antibiotic that does not have the same ill-effects on the internal organs of the body as oral antibiotics tend to do. Unlike oral antibiotics, Vitastem Ultra will not harm one’s kidneys or the good bacteria in their stomach.
How does Vitastem Ultra compare to Neosporin and/or other antibiotics?
It is 1000x more effective. All anyone needs to do is to just apply a small amount of Vitastem Ultra on the area of treatment, usually just one drop (an amount equal to the surface area of the tip of a finger) on the area 2 to 3 times each day. Rub into skin well for about 30 seconds. It can be covered with a Band-Aid if needed. Results should be seen within 24 hours.
Are you currently hiring? If so, for what positions?
We are currently looking for top sales reps.
Why did you update Vitastem’s active ingredient from tetracycline to bacitracin?
Tetracycline stained peoples’ skin and clothing. So, we reformulated Vitastem with Bacitracin as the new active ingredient. It is a clear spray.
How long does a bottle of Vitastem last for?
Vitastem Ultra is a long-lasting solution. It has a shelf-life for up to 2 years.
This concludes our interview with Dr. Otiko. We’ll make sure to follow progress of ViaDerma and Vitastem Ultra throughout the coming year. For those of you who work in healthcare, plastic surgery, dermatology, veterinary care, assisted living, or other places of medical care, you may want to consider looking more into Vitastem Ultra and several other of ViaDerma’s transdermal technology solutions they provide to several other industries too.