By 2030, the market for feminine hygiene products for women will reach US$37 billion. Women’s intimate care products are shifting from their historical focus on health and hygiene to one on attractiveness. The market for women’s intimate care products has been greatly boosted by the abundance of options now available, ranging from ordinary gels and lotions to distinctive e-products. Recently, the trend for organic and environmentally friendly hygiene care products has helped companies recognise the market’s true potential.
As a result, the majority of businesses seek certification from international bodies like the USDA, ICEA, Soil Association, BDiH, CosmeBio, and Ecocert among others in order to boost their position in the market. Launching plant-based and organic personal care products is receiving a lot of attention since customers are more informed and conscientious as a result. These drivers will cause the market for women’s intimate care products to grow at a CAGR of 4% between 2020 and 2030, according to FMI.
Key Takeaways from the Women Intimate Care Products Market Study
- Intimate hair washes segment is expected to witness 2 times higher growth than other product types
- Sales via online sales channel is expected to continue demonstrating impressive growth. FMI projects online sales to rise at nearly 5% CAGR between 2020 and 2030
- Mid-price range women intimate care products to enjoy higher sales across the world
- East Asia is forecast to exhibit above global average growth rate. Rising awareness about the importance of maintaining menstruation hygiene among women, steered by government initiatives is enabling growth in this region
- Hair removal segment is estimated to dominate the women intimate care products market among product types with at least 700 bps higher than the next important category
Sales of liners in the market for intimate care products are increasing due to innovative designs and more acceptance.
The need for liners is rising in the market for women’s intimate care goods as awareness of menstrual and personal hygiene increases. FMI expects the sales increase to last as a result of the growing number of working women.
Innovations in panty liners have been sparked by women’s propensity to try out new, environmentally friendly goods while discarding their conventional counterparts. Manufacturers are inventing liners in various forms and sizes with portability possibilities in addition to releasing biodegradable versions, the survey reveals. In addition, the market is showing a lot of interest in the production’s raw materials. To lessen their influence on the environment, manufacturers, for example, have introduced panty liners made entirely of organic cotton. For instance, chemical-free menstruation products are currently in high demand.
As a result, producers are concentrating on introducing new items to meet customers’ shifting needs. This is one of the main driving forces behind the women’s intimate care market.
Sales representatives from important companies engage in doctor-patient interactions and educate women on the value of intimate hygiene products. As a result, customers are becoming much more accustomed to using prescription-based hygiene products, according to a principal analyst at FMI.
A Consolidated Market
The Procter & Gamble Company, Unicharm Corporation, Uniliver PLC, Kao Corporation, and others are some of the major companies competing in the market for women’s intimate care products worldwide. In order to address the need for toxic-free intimate care products, these businesses are concentrating on providing novel goods built on high-quality components.
Some of the key players are also prioritizing acquisition and collaborations:
- In 2018, Kao Corporation had acquired Washing Systems, LLC to strengthen professional-use products business.
- In 2018, The Procter and Gambler Company had acquired Walker & Company Brands, a start-up making health and beauty products for strengthen its company portfolio.
- In 2019, The Procter and Gambler Company acquired ‘This Is L.’- feminine care brands in the U.S. to gain strengthen its market position.