By the end of 2029, it is anticipated that the adult diapers market would generate more than $24.5 billion in revenue. Future Market Insights (FMI) predicts that the market will grow at a remarkable CAGR of 7.1 percent over the forecast period (2019-2029).
Worldwide, the senior population is growing at a remarkable rate, and the prevalence of incontinence is rising as well. These trends continue to support the demand for adult diapers.
Increased Demand for Cloth or Reusable Diapers to Handle Incontinence Trouble to Push Market Growth
While the demand for their reusable counterparts is anticipated to increase significantly in the coming years, disposable adult diapers still represent a significant portion of industry earnings. Customers are increasingly looking for environmentally friendly diapers in order to lessen their influence on landfills as well as the various advantages of reusable diapers, such as the use of fewer hazardous chemicals, comfort, and a reduction in diaper rash symptoms.
Additionally, the worldwide market for adult diapers is being driven forward by the affordability of reusable adult diapers when compared to disposable diapers. Another factor influencing the market growth in the coming years is the expansion of the use of cloth diapers among the aged population who are dealing with incontinence and associated problems.
Key Takeaways of the Adult Diapers Market Study
- In 2019, the adult diapers market was valued at US$ 12.4. Through the estimated time frame, the market is likely to reflect a firm pace of growth.
- In terms of region, North America leads the adult diapers market worldwide, owing to higher consumer awareness along with growing adoption of personal hygiene products among adults in the region.
- East Asia emerges as one of the key markets, on the back of increasing number of working women and growing requirements of personal hygiene products for women in public settings, workplaces, and schools in the region.
- Rapid expansion of e-retailers is projected to bolster the sales of adult diapers throughout the assessment period.
- Key market participants are expected to bring environment-friendly adult diapers to the market space with innovative designs, materials, and features to have a competitive edge.
Manufacturers to Prioritize Product Innovations
Market participants are producing unique products using natural materials to fulfil evolving buyer requirements and expand their product line. Additionally, M&A activities, strategic partnerships with regional distributors, and entry onto digital platforms continue to be widely used market strategies. Strategic partnerships are expected to help businesses improve their local reputations.
In 2019, NorthShore Care Supply launched ‘NorthShore.com,’ a new direct-to-client website that enables customers to browse online sales channels for incontinence products including adult diapers. The website offers intuitive product recommendations based on the preferences of the customer. By introducing innovative adult diapers under the Paddlers brand in 2018, Turkish child diaper manufacturer Enka Hijyen entered the adult diaper market. Users of our Paddlers adult diaper will benefit from relief from mild to severe
Adult Diapers Market by Category
- Reusable Diapers
- Disposable Diapers
- Pants/Pull-Up Style
- Pad Style
- Flat Style
- Non-Woven Fabric
- Micro Fabric
- Fluff Pulp
- Wholesalers/ Distributors
- Pharmacies & Drug Stores
- Specialty Outlets
- Independent Small Stores
- Other Sales Channel
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia