Looking for a way to enlarge images without losing quality? Some smart photo editing tools make it possible to easily enlarge images without handling the pixelation issues that arise when using a “dumb” tool to increase an image’s dimensions.
It takes just a few clicks. An enlarged version is then created using some clever algorithms. In this post, I’ll share my thoughts on five of the best image enlargement tools. These tools help you enlarge your photos without sacrificing quality.
My list of tools is as follows:
Let’s resize and enlarge images without losing quality with these powerful tools. I tested these tools and found them all worthy to use but let’s see which one works best for you.
Top 5 tools for enlarging images without losing quality
ImgUpscaler allows you to enlarge images without compromising the quality with the help of AI. It is a user-friendly tool that allows people to edit any image they want with a simple drag and drop option.
The main feature is for enhancing the quality of a photo while increasing the resolution as well.
- It a web-Based app so you don’t need to download any software.
- You can upload photos up to 4000*4000.
- Batch processing is provided for larger collections.
- You’re able to upload and enhance a wide range of formats like JPG, TIFF, and PNG.
ImgUpscaler is totally free for everyone since they’ve just started this tool. With the quality they have been providing, I wonder they might come up with paid plans soon.
See detailed ImgUpscaler review.
Icons8’s Upscaler enlarges and enhances images (also known as super-resolution) using state-of-the-art artificial intelligence. It allows you to view your history and re-download enlarged photos without using GPU power (and not charge you again) by storing the uploaded images safely.
- Using AI to enhance photo resolution
- Utilize the fully automated process to sharpen, reduce noise, and upscale your original images.
- You’re able to upload traditional formats like JPG, and PNG.
You can enhance 3 images for free. To enlarge more images, you need to pay $0.20/image or choose their paid plan, which features 100 images/month for $9 or unlimited for $99/month.
Also, read Latest Trends in Artificial Intelligence
You can also upscale images for free with UpscalePics, and there are also affordable packages available. Despite not requiring a software download, the online resizer proved to be one of the most effective tools for enlarging images.
- Online resizer doesn’t require downloading anything.
- Based on past optimizations, the tool adds extra data to your photos using artificial intelligence.
- When you upload your photos, the colours and textures are improved.
- Your image is stripped of JPEG compression artefacts during upload.
- Expanding the size of an image with this tool is one of the easiest and fastest methods we’ve tested.
You can upload up to ten images for free. If you exceed ten free resizes, you will be charged:
- Unlimited usage, upscaling of up to 8x, no image size limit, and priority scaling for $4 per month.
- As you purchase more images, the price per image decreases. You can purchase 20 images for $2, 100 images for $8, and 200 images for $12.
Photoshop’s open-source counterpart. You can download the software to your desktop and use it for photo editing. GIMP is great because it has a large user base so that you can research features, and you can do whatever you want with the software. It’s a lot more than just a tool to enlarge images.
- Simply click a button to enlarge photos, and select from a few different resizing options.
- The desktop interface is completely customizable.
- Retouch and enhance photos before printing.
- Hundreds of image formats are supported.
- Make a photo larger using one of several methods.
- Choose one of the available languages when running GIMP.
GIMP is free.
ImageEnlarger.com boasts the simplest of interfaces. Some may like this, but others will note that it looks like something from the early 2000s.
Having said that, you can’t beat the straightforwardness of the process. You upload an image, choose a format, then select the desired dimensions.
- Upload a file within seconds.
- The interface is online, with no software to download.
- You can upload and resize JPG and PNG files.
- Choose to zoom an image based on percentage.
- Or choose to select a target width or height.
- The website provides the same tool in multiple languages.
The ImageEnlarger.com tool is completely free, with a Donate button to support the developers.
What is the best image enlargement tool for you?
I recommend you try them all out and possibly keep one or two on your computer. Each photo resizes differently. Tools that work best with animations or vector graphics are available. For landscapes and animations, ImgUpscaler performed better than others.
You still need to optimize your image once you’ve resized it so the larger image doesn’t slow down your website.
Are there any questions you still have about expanding images without losing quality? Comment below!