Hospitals are complex and dynamic environments that pose many challenges for their management and wayfinding. Some of these challenges include:
- Managing the flow of patients, staff, and equipment across different departments and floors, while ensuring optimal utilization of resources and minimizing waiting times and errors.
- Providing accurate and timely information and guidance to patients and visitors, who may be unfamiliar with the hospital layout and procedures, and may have different needs and preferences.
- Enhancing the quality and safety of healthcare services, by reducing the risk of infection, medication errors, and adverse events, and by improving patient satisfaction and outcomes.
To address these challenges, Hospital Wayfinder offers a web-based software service that aims to improve the management and navigation of healthcare facilities, such as hospitals. It uses 3D visualization of floor plans and real-time data integration to provide a comprehensive and interactive overview of the facilities operations, resources, and activities. Here are some of the benefits of Hospital Wayfinder for different stakeholders.
- For hospital managers and administrators, Hospital Wayfinder can help them monitor and optimize the efficiency, quality, and safety of their services. They can access real-time data on patient status, staff workload, equipment availability, and other relevant information, and display it on 3D floor plans. They can also analyze historical data and trends to identify areas of improvement and plan for future scenarios. Hospital Wayfinder can also help them communicate more effectively with their staff and patients, by providing timely and accurate information and feedback.
- For hospital staff, Hospital Wayfinder can help them perform their tasks more easily and effectively. They can use the software to locate and navigate to their destinations, such as wards, offices, or equipment rooms, using indoor positioning and route-finding features. They can also access and update their to-do lists, check patient status, and receive alerts and notifications on their mobile devices. Hospital Wayfinder can also help them coordinate and collaborate with their colleagues, by sharing information and data on the 3D floor plans.
- For hospital patients and visitors, Hospital Wayfinder can help them have a more pleasant and convenient experience. They can use the software to find their way around the hospital, by using self-check-in, indoor positioning, and route-finding features. They can also access location-based information, such as meal times, visiting hours, or hospital policies, on their mobile devices. Hospital Wayfinder can also help them communicate faster and more easily with the hospital staff, by using chat or voice features.
Hospital Wayfinder can be used and customized for different types of healthcare facilities and services, such as:
- General hospitals, where Hospital Wayfinder can help manage the flow of patients and staff across different departments, such as emergency, surgery, radiology, or pharmacy, and provide information and guidance on the hospital services and procedures.
- Specialty hospitals, where Hospital Wayfinder can help showcase the expertise and facilities of the hospital, such as cardiac, orthopedic, or oncology centers, and provide information and guidance on the specific treatments and care plans.
- Outpatient clinics, where Hospital Wayfinder can help schedule and manage the appointments and consultations of the patients, and provide information and guidance on the clinic services and policies.
- Rehabilitation centers, where Hospital Wayfinder can help monitor and track the progress and recovery of the patients, and provide information and guidance on the rehabilitation programs and exercises.
Hospital Wayfinder can help improve the efficiency, quality, and safety of healthcare services by reducing the negative outcomes associated with the anxiety and stress of healthcare users and providers, and by increasing the positive outcomes, such as satisfaction, loyalty, and well-being.
Finally, Hospital Wayfinder, is a web-based software service that provides 3D visualization and real-time data integration for healthcare operations and facilities. We believe that Hospital Wayfinder is a revolutionary software that can transform the way healthcare facilities and services are managed and operated. It can help improve the efficiency, quality, and safety of healthcare services by providing a comprehensive overview of the operations and facilities in 3D, and allowing users to easily locate and access the services they need. It can also help improve the communication and convenience for patients and visitors, and provide a pleasant and user-friendly interface.
The Hospital Wayfinder project is a collaborative work between 3D Technologies R &D, Estonia and Easy Touch & Led, Norway. The project is funded by EAS and Norway grants.
Pilot projects in works with Parnu Hospital and Tartu University Clinic in Estonia and University Clinical Center GUMed in Poland.