The global tactical data link market size is expected to reach USD 9.14 billion in 2028, and register a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period. Increasing implementation of modern warfare techniques and solutions is driving revenue growth of the tactical data link market.
Tactical Data Link (TDL) is a protected communication service via radio that makes use of various data links to transmit and interchange information across military forces between the three platforms; airborne, seaborne, and land. TDL enables armed forces to make and execute plans faster. It consists of several communication networks, computer hardware, sensors, and user interfaces. Link 11, Link 16, STDL 16, JREAP A and JTIDS link 16 are the commonly used data link networks.
Rising concerns regarding terrorist activities and security threats, and increasing demand for interoperability among military forces are some major factors enhancing revenue growth of the global tactical data link market. Increasing advancements in autonomous weapons and uncrewed vehicles with smart cameras and data link solutions is augmenting tactical data link market growth. Moreover, key market players are investing significantly and focusing on developing more advanced tactical data link solutions to enhance bandwidth and higher data transmission range for better communications.
However, drawbacks that might negatively impact growth revenue of the tactical data link market are slow transmission and low resistance to Electronic Countermeasures (ECMs).
Some key highlights in the report:
- The air-based segment revenue is expected to expand at a significantly rapid CAGR over the forecast period due to high demand for air-based platforms owing to capability to provide real-time information to detect and calculate range of moving objects in the air.
- The command and control segment is expected to register fastest revenue CAGR between 2021 and 2028 due to continuous planning required for security and to make more efficient decisions in tactical situations.
- Software segment revenue is projected to register a considerably steady CAGR during the forecast period. Software is important for linking varied hardware components and armed forces on the battlefield.
- Europe accounted for second-largest revenue share in 2020 and is expected to register a significant market share during the forecast period. Increasing utilization of tactical data link in defense and increasing R&D funding to develop more advanced communication services are some key factors supporting growth.
- Asia Pacific is projected to register fastest CAGR throughout the forecast period owing to increasing initiatives in research and development and favorable policies by governments to reinforce defense capabilities in countries in the region.
- Key players in the tactical data link market are Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Rockwell Collins, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, ViaSat, L3 Technologies, Saab AB, Raytheon, and Thales Group.
- Pacific Star Communication was acquired by Curtiss-Wright Corporation for USD 400 million in November 2020. This acquisition will help strengthen the company’s supply chain of modern tactical data communication solutions.
- In March 2019, Tactical Communication Group, LLC was taken over by Curtiss-Wright Corporation for USD 50 million. It helped Curtiss-Wright to improve the flight test instrumentation with processing software, visualization abilities, and analytics.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global tactical data link market on the basis of platform, application, component, and region:
Platform Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2018–2028)
Application Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Command & Control
- Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Electronic Warfare
- Radio Communication
Component Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2018–2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/tactical-data-link-market