The global specialty enzymes market size is expected to value at USD 8.21 Billion in 2028, and register a revenue CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period. Specialty enzymes are mainly proteins that serve as biocatalysts for stimulating reactions and producing better outcomes in diagnostics and pharmaceuticals reactions. In pharmaceutical, the function of specialty enzymes has been crucial in drug delivery as well as drug formulation, which is contributing significantly to the market revenue growth. Enzyme-based pharmaceutical drug formulations are typically used in the treatment of various recurrent conditions like AIDS and cancer. Specialty enzymes are widely used in manufacturing drugs to treat some life-threatening diseases including cancer, cardiovascular diseases, pain caused by age, hay fever, lysosomal storage disorders, and asthma in the pharmaceutical industry. Therefore, growing demand for cost-effective therapeutics is augmenting demand for specialty enzymes across the pharmaceutical industry worldwide, which is further supporting the overall revenue growth of the global specialty enzymes market.
Rapid advancements in green chemistry supplements and rising investment in the sector of biotechnology are a few factors driving the revenue of the specialty enzymes market currently. Additionally, growing prevalence of digestive enzyme disorders among a considerable population is another factor triggering demand for specialty enzymes in pharmaceutical, thus, fueling the market revenue growth.
Pharmaceutical industry is increasingly utilizing different types of microorganisms including bacteria, fungi, and actinomycetes for producing larger quantities of cost-effective enzymes. Fast advancements of the techniques in molecular biology have led to rising utilization of microorganisms in producing high-quality enzymes for various industrial applications.
However, difficulty in keeping the operational temperature and pH of specialty enzymes is expected to restrict the market growth between 2021 and 2028.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights of Report:
- In September 2019, BASF SE signed an agreement with Conagen, which is a research leader in the sector of biotechnology. This partnership is anticipated to help BASF SE in providing natural vanillin, an aroma ingredient with highest demand in the market.
- The microorganisms segment registered the largest revenue share in the market in 2020. Low costs associated with the production of specialty enzymes obtained from different microbial sources, is contributing significantly to the revenue growth of this segment.
- The revenue of the pharmaceutical segment is predicted to increase at a rapid CAGR of 8.3% going ahead. Rising applications of specialty enzymes across pharmaceutical industry is expected to support revenue growth of the global specialty enzymes market between 2021 and 2028.
- The polymerases & nucleases segment accounted for the highest share in terms of revenue in the market in 2020. Growing usage of polymerases and nucleases enzymes in various applications in the field of biotechnology such as DNA sequencing and DNA amplification is predicted to drive support revenue growth of the segment going ahead.
- In terms of revenue share, North American market is dominating other regional markets, owing to rising prevalence of chronic disorders among a considerable population in various countries in North America is fueling demand for specialty enzymes.
- Major players present in the market are Novozymes A/S, BASF SE, Roche Holding AG, Codexis, DuPont, Dyadic International, Inc., Amano Enzyme, Advanced Enzyme, Biocatalysts Ltd., and Sanofi.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global specialty enzymes market on the basis of source, application, type, and region:
Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2021–2028)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2021–2028)
- Biotechnology R&D
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2021–2028)
- Polymerases & nucleases
- Other enzymes
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/specialty-enzymes-market