Increasing construction activities across the globe, coupled with a rapid surge in infrastructural development, are expected to propel the global Soil Stabilization market growth.
The global soil stabilization market is expected to be valued at USD 34.44 Billion in 2027 from USD 24.50 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 4.6% through the forecast period. Soil stabilization refers to the process of enhancing the strength and resistance of soil to softening caused by water permeation. The process involves bonding the soil particles together for water-proofing and strengthening its physical properties. It augments the tensile strength of soil, improving its shrink-swell properties and reinforcing its load-bearing capacity. Soil stabilization plays an integral role in constructing roads & pavements and the foundations for buildings and structures. The two predominantly used methods to stabilize soil are the mechanical and chemical stabilization processes. The former helps improve soil properties by altering its gradation, whereas the latter involves combining the soil with cement, lime, fly ash, or lime by-products to boost its strength, hydraulic conductivity, and compressibility.
The global soil stabilization market is poised to account for a comparatively higher revenue over the forecast period due to several favorable parameters. Increasing applications of the soil stabilization process in the construction and agricultural industries, growing concerns about soil erosion, rapid industrialization, and a rise in construction activities worldwide. The rising focus of governments on infrastructural development and urbanization, especially in the world’s emerging countries like India, and hefty investments in the construction of roads, railways, dams, bridges, schools, hospitals, and various other commercial buildings have further bolstered the growth of the global soil stabilization market over the past decade. The growing demand for mechanical and chemical soil stabilizers for use in the construction of roads, highways, airways, dams, canals, and reservoirs is an indispensable factor promoting the global market growth. Besides, a massive surge in international trade & commerce activities, soaring demand for transportation & mobility, and increasing government initiatives to advance the transport infrastructure have given a major boost to the market growth.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights of the Report:
- The chemical stabilization segment is the leading sub-segment based on method. It is projected to register the fastest CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast timeframe. Widespread use of chemical stabilizers across the construction and agricultural industries have driven this segment’s growth.
- Based on additive type, the mineral & stabilizing agents sub-segment held the largest revenue share in 2019 and is poised to dominate the global soil stabilization market over the forecast years. Minerals & stabilizing agents serve as the best additives for soil stabilization as they enhance the strength, durability, and compressibility of soil.
- Among the leading market regions, the Asia Pacific soil stabilization market is expected to garner the largest market share over the projected period. The region’s expanding populace, rising adoption of advanced agricultural practices, fast-paced urbanization, and high investments in infrastructural development are the fundamental factors driving the Asia Pacific market growth.
- Key industry participants include Caterpillar Inc., AB Volvo, Global Road Technology, SNF Holding Company Inc., Aggrebind, Fayat, Graymont Limited, Carmeuse, Wirtgen Group, and Soilworks.
- In March 2020, Arkema S.A., a leading specialty chemicals manufacturer based in France, introduced a new product, called ENCOR®DC 3478 vinyl acrylic, for soil stabilization and dust control. This resin offers strong chemical binding and durability and finds significant use in spray-applied products and full-depth formulations.
Emergen Research has segmented the global soil stabilization market on the basis of method, additive type, application, and region:
By Method (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Mechanical Stabilization
- Chemical Stabilization
By Additive Type (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Minerals & stabilizing agents
- Other additives (sludge, chelates & salts, agricultural waste, etc.)
By Application (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Full Description and Complete TOC@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/soil-stabilization-market