The Global Sodium Dichromate Market is expected to be valued at USD 1,242.4 Million in 2027 from USD 759.2 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 6.3% through the estimated period. The industry is experiencing an enormous demand on account of the rapidly growing textile industry. The sodium dichromate’s application in chrome-based dyeing has an immense significance in the dyeing procedures of textiles’ fiber. The output textile fiber’s dyeing quality, about color aesthetics, is difficult to achieve by any type of dye in the market. Apart from the good wet fastness and several color characteristics, the chrome-based procedure offers energy-saving and economic benefits as well as environmental safety.
The sodium dichromate is a crucial chromium product, having broad usage in the chromium pigments production and chromic acid used in leather tanning and corrosion control. Tanning animal hides for making leather comprises the modified structure of hide protein, thereby enhancing its durability along with making its less prone to disintegration and dying.
Key Highlights from Report
- In August 2019, a renowned firm, LANXESS, involved in the supply and production of essential chemicals, signed a collaboration with Brother Enterprises, a China-based leather chemicals organization, for divesting business in chrome chemical.
- Calcium-free roasting accounted for the maximum industry share in 2019, due to the consumption of energy at the time of calcium-free roasting is nearly 35.0% lower than calcium roasting.
- Sodium dichromate is extremely water-soluble. Along with an excellent corrosion inhibitor, it is also a major chemical intermediate in the production process of various chromium compounds.
- The sodium dichromate sector is expanding at a steady rate in North America, owing to the rapid growth of industries like paper and textile. Moreover, growing demand for several wood preservatives in the construction and building sector is responsible for the increased demand in the industry.
- Major players in the sector are Nippon Chemical Industrial Co. Ltd., Lanxess, Elementis, Jinshi Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., Chongquing Minfeng Chemical Co. Ltd., Hebei Chromate Chemical Co. Ltd., American Elements, Soda Xinjiang Sing Horn Group, Sichuan Yinhe Chemical Co. Ltd., and Sanayii AS.
Emergen Research has segmented the global sodium dichromate market on the basis of product type, distribution channel, application, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Calcium Roasting
- Calcium-Free Roasting
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Metal Finishing
- Chromium Compounds Preparation
- Leather Tanning
- Wood Preservative
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/sodium-dichromate-market