Future Market Insights (FMI’s) analysis of the Smart Spaces Market predicts that from 2022 to 2032, the market’s registered demand will grow at a healthy CAGR of 16.2%.
The analysis predicts that the market will be worth US$53.6 billion by the end of 2032. FMI claims that as smart homes, devices, and IoT have proliferated, so have the opportunities for smart spaces.
These areas can help with increasing professional productivity, streamlining complex processes, and improving energy efficiency. Smart spaces are regarded as structures and vehicles that report on their locations, performance, and maintenance needs.
In a facility center, building, or open public area, a smart space is a digital ecosystem made up of people, connected devices, and software systems that allows the free flow of information. This integrated ecosystem functions as a coordinated, intelligent, and connected ecosystem that adds to a smart space.
The adoption of smart spaces, which supports commercial spaces to optimize and conserve resources and reduce consumption, cost, and carbon footprint, has been made possible by the rising demand for lower energy costs. The best way to meet the increasing global energy and technological demands is expected to be self-sustaining buildings.
Homes, factories, office buildings, and even entire cities can become “smart spaces” thanks to the growing use of wireless sensors and technologies. As a result, resource consumption is decreased while productivity, health, security, and safety are all increased.
Key Takeaways: Smart Spaces Market
- By component, the hardware segment is anticipated to account for the leading share in the global demand for smart spaces during the forecast period. However, the software segment is estimated to grow at a robust CAGR of 18.1% through 2032.
- By application, the energy management & optimization segment is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 19.0 % between 2022 & 2032.
- By premises type, the commercial smart spaces segment is estimated to witness high growth during the forecast period as the reduction in energy cost with real-time adjustments and sustainable monitoring of the environment has become the need of the hour.
- North America is expected to lead the market followed by Asia in 2022. Latin America and Europe are anticipated to emerge as the fastest-growing region between 2022 & 2032.
- The market in the Middle East and Africa is expected to progress at a CAGR of around 14.9% through 2032.
- In China, sales are expected to increase at a CAGR of close to 18.8% over the next ten years.
Increasing Adoption of Smart Homes and Smart Devices
The importance and adoption of smart homes have become extremely popular in the current climate. A few factors contributing to the rising demand for adoption include consumer awareness, changes in customer needs, adoption and use of cutting-edge technologies, and an increase in investments in the sector. The adoption of smart homes and devices is also influenced by factors like remote monitoring, the integration of smart devices, and the demand for high levels of security for residential and commercial spaces.
Additionally, the use of smart technologies in public areas has significantly increased globally. Smart kiosks at parks, transportation hubs, medical facilities, sporting venues, and eateries are some of the key characteristics that transform a public space into a smart space.
Growing adoption of IoT for Facility Management
The Internet of things (IoT) has now become an essential part of smart homes and devices. The adoption of the technology enables in efficiently connecting and controlling of various devices for monitoring and controlling purposes. The technology enables convenience for controlling devices and applications and personalization in the same allows the rise in demand for the smart spaces market. The major benefit of incorporating infrastructure with IoT is to ensure safety and security by enabling authorized access using real-time data, which assists in the overall building security management and monitoring.