The global silicon wafer market size is expected to reach USD 16.01 billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period. Steady revenue growth of the market can be attributed to increasing global demand for electric and hybrid vehicles. Increasing need for miniaturized and compact electronic devices and products is also projected to contribute significantly to the revenue growth of the market. Rapid rise in usage of LED lights and related systems globally is another significant factor driving market growth.
Development and introduction of advanced technologies such as auto-driving assist and anti-braking system in the automotive sector is expected to fuel demand for silicon wafer semiconductors, which is expected to further support market growth going ahead. Silicon wafers are primarily used in components and systems in numerous industries such as automotive and electronics. Rapid rise in demand for mobile devices and servers with enhanced memory and data storage capacity are major factors expected to support market growth during the forecast period. Implementation of favorable government policies that encourage adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) is also expected to contribute to growth in market revenue.
Some Key Highlights in the Report:
- The 30mm segment is expected to account for largest revenue share during the forecast period. Growth can be attributed to rising need for consumer electronics such as smartphones, televisions, smart watches, washing machines, and others and increasing application of silicon wafers in the manufacturing of electronics devices and equipment.
- Epitaxial segment revenue is projected to expand at a rapid rate during the forecast period, which is attributable to key benefits of epitaxial wafers such as high efficiency and low power consumption when used in highly integrated circuits.
- The consumer electronics segment is projected to register a significantly rapid revenue CAGR during the forecast period, attributable to rising demand for smaller devices and gadgets and other connected electronic devices.
- Asia Pacific is projected to account for largest revenue share in the global market during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to robust presence of major players in APAC countries. China is the largest producer and end-user of consumer electronics and is a key contributor to growth of Asia Pacific market.
- Major companies in the market include EpiWorks Inc., Global Wafers Japan Co. Ltd., Nichia Corporation, Siltronic AG, SHOWA DENKO K.K., Desert Silicon Inc., Intelligent Epitaxy Technology Inc., ON Semiconductor Electronics and Materials Corporation Ltd., and IQE Plc.
- In January 2020, Qromis and Shin-Etsu Chemical joined forces to manufacture epitaxial and substrates wafers for LED devices and RF electronics.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global silicon wafer market on the basis of diameter, type, application, and region:
Diameter Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- 100mm to 150mm
- 450mm and above
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Epitaxial Wafers
- Polished wafers
- SOI wafers
- Diffused wafers
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Consumer Electronics
- RF Electronics
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Read Full Report Description@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/silicon-wafer-market