The number of shared office space has increased significantly in Pakistan over the past few years. The main goal is to provide a location, convenient for freelancers, telecommuters, and entrepreneurs to work together.
More than 100 coworking office spaces are providing infrastructure and facility management services while bringing people with similar work ethics and ambitions together. Hence, businesses can shift the burdens of management on shared workplaces.
What are Coworking Spaces?
Coworking space is a business service provision model which allows employees and teams to work collaboratively or even with individuals in a shared workspace. Even though it involves sharing in the office workspace, it still provides an environment that simulates the environment found in an established venture.
Besides being a shared working space, coworking spaces also serve as a place or location to hold several workshops and conferences that are relevant.
What is Virtual Office?
A virtual office gives businesses or companies a physical address and office-related services without the overhead of a long lease and administrative staff. With the help of a virtual office, employees are free to work from anywhere and at any point but still have access to things like a mailing address, call-receiving services, and meeting rooms.
Advantages of Coworking WorkSpace
Renting a coworking office allows companies to avoid the expense and hassle of their own building maintenance. In a shared office space, businesses won’t have to sign a long-term lease or pay the associated fees.
Due to their communal nature, shared workspaces are great for expanding professional networks with one another and striking up beneficial conversations with anyone such as from prospective customers to established business associates.
Use a reputable address as the setting for your business’ most important conferences and meetings.
Shared working spaces provide flexibility in contracts with a duration of 1 month.
Penetrate New Industries
Without the limitations of a fixed address or location, companies can explore new markets and industries. Shared office space is present in almost every major city around the globe.
Creative community cultures and facilities like indoor gyms and gaming areas all contribute to the coworking atmosphere.
Latest Equipment and Facilities
Most coworking spaces are fully equipped with necessities such as desks and chairs, high-speed internet connection, and teleconferencing equipment.
5 Types of People Benefitting from Coworking Space
- Remote Workers
- People Who Are Traveling
- People Who Work in Conventional Offices
Difference Between a Traditional and Coworking Space
With the future of work, many traditional office spaces are shifting towards a modern shared spaces. The differences are as follows:
- A traditional office setting offers individual desks and increased privacy.
- A lot of shared spaces have different workspaces in order to change the scenery of workers.
- A traditional office uses a 9-5 schedule that has a more structured timeline. Employees can sometimes feel the burden of having this time schedule. However, this is different for a coworking space as it has a flexible working schedule and grants more autonomy to the user.
- Traditional working space restricts the interactions of workers. However, a shared working space naturally leads to a more friendly environment in the office, thereby promoting networking.
- Traditional office space is more expensive to run and maintain. On the other hand, shared space is cheaper as companies only pay for what they use.
Cons of a Coworking Space
- You’re not sure about the culture of the workplace you would meet
- Privacy issues
- You have to fight the distraction
- There is always a Logistics-based issue
- Accessing the shared space may be time consuming
Shared Workspaces in Lahore
Shared workspaces in Lahore were built considering the needs of companies. These needs include the presence of common rooms and meeting rooms. Moreover, some of the spaces even have gyms as mentioned before, so employees can have a relaxation time. The workspaces include:
- Popcorn Studio
- Venture Drive
The advantages and disadvantages of coworking office space are present all over the world. So, If a business is looking for shared space for rent, they should make sure to validate the points mentioned above based on the pros and cons. Overall, these factors are very important and determine the overall coworking space’s value. They also contribute to overall better productivity for the future.