In a world where brands are focusing on ranking higher on SERPs, most businesses ponder the best time to make their website SEO-friendly. Well, the answer is: there’s no better time to ensure your website is optimized according to search engine algorithms, than when you are building it. Working with an SEO agency in India at the initial stage of your website can be an excellent way to skyrocket your ranks on search results. Why and how? Well, dive in to learn more!
- Increase organic SOV: Do you know there are more than 3.5 billion searches on Google daily? If you want to tap into this audience and increase your organic Share of Voice (SOV), SEO is crucial.
- More brand authority: Intrusive marketing is straight away annoying. When your customers’ lives are full of cold calls, adverts, and emails from random brands trying to sell their products, SEO can act as a brilliant inbound marketing channel to sell based on brand authority on search engines.
- Cost-effective: Also, SEO is there to stay. It is a long-term strategy, and unlike other marketing techniques like PPC, which makes SEO services more cost-effective.
- Immersive User experience: SEO can improve user experience. Yes, you heard that right! Nowadays, internet users have high expectations for websites. People want their browsing experience to be intuitive, crisp, and lightning-fast, and when your website doesn’t work as people expect, it can create a negative perception of your brand. That’s when SEO can come to the rescue and help you improve your site speed, core web vitals, and stagnant content by making it more dynamic according to industry demands and search engine algorithms.
- GMB for free: Next advantage is SEO puts your store online. If you have a brick-and-mortar store, you can add it to Google My Business, get more foot traffic, and build brand credibility.
SEO for a new website: A step-by-step guide
Creating an SEO roadmap for a new website isn’t easy. You just don’t have to outline a strategy, but also the metrics you need for tracking your SEO goals. In case, you need a kick-start for your new website’s SEO campaign, here’s a guide to start from scratch!
- Pick a domain name
If you are overcomplicating the process of selecting a domain name, you aren’t alone. For most brands, selecting a domain name is no cakewalk. If you already have one go ahead, but if you are starting from scratch, don’t try to shoehorn keywords into your domain name. Instead, pick a top-level domain (TLD) that is short and memorable.
- Select a hosting platform
Website hosting platforms are vital because they let you create and manage a website effortlessly. You can pick WordPress- a self-hosted, open-source platform that you can customize accordingly and code however you like. However, if you are new to the coding world, there are millions of plugins, including SEO plugins that you can install to do different tasks for you. However, if you are considering other options, look out for three S’s: Security, support, and server location.
- Setting Up your website for SEO Success
Now that you have a basic website, you need to configure it for SEO-friendly features. Set it up with Google Search Console as well as Webmaster tools and create a logical site structure with internal links. Internal links are links from one page on a website to another and they allow search engines to find new pages. Search engines use internal links to understand what your website is about, and they help pass PageRank (a Google ranking factor).
- Get started with keyword research
Keyword research involves outlining what your target audience is searching for. You can always deploy different tools for keyword research like Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs and SEMRush to find the the right keywords with high search volume for your content or website. After you list our the keywords, use them strategically throughout your website’s content, meta tags, and URLs.
- Create High-Quality Content
Stuffing keywords in mediocre content won’t help your website rankings in any way. Search engines already know how to rank good content and ignore the bad and unless you create insightful and unique content that interests your audience, there’s no way your website rank would increase.
- Optimize On-Page Elements
On-page optimization refers to optimizing the elements on your website, such as URLs, meta tags, etc. Make your website’s content relevant, informative, and optimized for your target keywords. Additionally, include your target keywords in your meta tags, such as the title tag and meta description.
- Implement Technical SEO
Did you know Google considers website speed as a vital ranking factor? Buffering websites can negatively impact your user experience, leading to high bounce rates and lower rankings. To check your website speed, you can always use tools like GTmetrix or PageSpeed Insights so that you can identify where there’s scope of improvement.
- Make Your Website Mobile-Friendly
With more than half of all internet traffic coming from mobile devices, having a mobile-friendly website is crucial for SEO. A mobile-friendly website ensures that your website’s content is optimized for smaller screens and provides a better
The Bottom Line
Understand that SEO is no set-it-and-forget task. You can follow the aforementioned process to start your SEO campaign, but if you want long-term results and a consistent traffic flow to your website, working with the best SEO company is imperative. They can help you set realistic goals and work with you to achieve your deliverables in a timely frame.