This diva doesn’t need any introduction, born to inspire millions of people we are talking about none other than Selena Gomez. She has a humongous fan base worldwide as she is in the glamourous world since the age of seven.
No wonder everyone wants to know her journey and a peek into her personal life. Therefore, we have brought you some of her amazing experiences and milestones towards her success in life. It’s fascinating to see the life journey of a young sweet girl turning into one of the most famous persons. So without further ado, let’s know your favourite star from a closer angle.
Selena’s name means Moon in Greek, and she certainly spreads her moonlight wherever she goes; the diva was born on 22 July 1992 in Grand Prairie, Texas. She is a Mexican-Italian beauty as her father is Mexican and her mother has Italian ancestry. She began her acting career when she was seven years old in a show called Barney and Friends, where she became friends with Demi Lovato.
She did homeschooling for a high school diploma. The first break that gave her recognition was a recurring role portrayed by her as a pop star, Mikayla, on a Disney series Hannah Montana in 2007. However, she earned a worldwide fanbase with the leading role of Alex Russo in Wizards of Waverly Place, a Disney channel series. Everyone knew that the star was born with that show, and there’s no stopping her now.
Later, she gave her voice to an original song in an animated movie Tinker Bell; the soundtrack is known as “Fly to Your Heart.” After this, she didn’t look back and worked as a singer and as an actress simultaneously as she didn’t want to let go of any opportunities coming on her way. In 2008 she appeared in a lead role in the film Another Cinderella Story, a sequel to A Cinderella Story. Additionally, she has appeared as a guest in some shows such as The Suite Life on Deck and Sonny with a Chance.
List Of Achievements
One thing you can learn from her is that she never said no to any opportunity that came knocking at her door. Therefore, her list of achievements is also endless, still in the list created below, you will find some of her best achievements till now:
- ALMA Awards- TV Comedy- Actress(Wizards of Waverly Place 2009)
- American Music Awards- Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist(2016)
- ASCAP Pop Music Awards- Most Performed Songs(“Good For You” 2016)
- ASCAP Pop Music Awards- Award-Winning Songs(“Hands to Myself” 2017, “We Don’t Talk Anymore” 2017, “It Ain’t me” 2018, “Back To You” 2019, “Wolves” 2019
- Billboard Women In Music- Chart-Topper(2015)
- Billboard Women In Music- Woman of The Year(2017)
- The Latin Recording Academy- Leading Ladies of Entertainment(2020)
- WWD Beauty Inc Awards- Rare Beauty- Startup of the Year(2020)
- Teen Choice Awards- Choice Female Artist, Choice Summer Music Star: Female (2016)
- Telehit Awards- International Youth Artist(2011)
- Young Hollywood Awards- Stars Dance Tour- Most Anticipated Tour, Stars Dance- Fan Favorite Album(2013)
- Young Artist Awards- Leading Young actress(Another Cinderella Story 2009)
- Teen Choice Awards- Choice Summer Song(“Back to You” 2018)
Apart from the above-mentioned information about your star, there is still a lot to uncover about her. Therefore, we have listed some astonishing facts about her which are unknown to her fans. So, keep on scrolling to know her a little more:
- She launched a fragrance in 2012 with her own name; the perfume is widely known as “Selena Gomez Eau de Parfum.”
- Her first-ever kiss was on the sets of Suite Life of Zack & Cody with her co-star Dylan Sprouse.
- She is one of most-followed people on Instagram and also charges a whopping $1.46Million per post.
- She joined UNICEF at the age of 17 and became the youngest UNICEF ambassador.
- In 2015, she announced that she has lupus, an autoimmune disease due to which she had to go through a kidney transplant.
- Not many people know that the diva is best friends with Taylor Swift, both of them share a special bond.
- Selena has dated so many celebrities, but her affair with Justin Beiber was always the town’s hot topic. However, they both broke up, which left Selena emotionally devastated.
- She turned down the role in High School Musical 3 because she was focusing on more serious roles.
- She has her own clothing line, “Dream Out Loud,” launched in 2010. The material used in the clothing is eco-friendly and often has inspirational quotes printed on them.
- She did a cameo role in 2008 with the Jonas Brothers’ Band in a lead single Burnin’ up.
- While she is raised as a Catholic, she firmly believes in God and attends Hillsong Church to value her faith in God.
Started her career nearly 2 decades ago, this lady has come a long way and has become a true motivation to the young talents. She had her fair share of ups and downs with an immense struggle during her early days. However, she managed to rise above all and has become a bold woman today.
Further, her net worth in 2019 was estimated at around $60 million. However, by the end of 2020, it hiked up to around $75 million. Therefore, it’s only bound to rise in 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Selena Gomez engaged to?
It is rumored that she is engaged to her co-star Bill Murray as she herself made the announcement on Instagram. However, it is still unknown that her statement about marrying Bill Murray was a joke or she was serious.
Is Selena Gomez married in 2020?
No, she is not married yet, but she did make an announcement to marry Bill Murray on Instagram. However, it is being speculated that she was simply promoting her film The Dead Don’t Die.
Is Selena Gomez a billionaire?
The current net worth of Selena Gomez is estimated at more than $75 million, which means she still has a long way to go to be a billionaire. However, her progress indicated that it wouldn’t be much longer till she becomes a billionaire. So, let’s hope for the best for your favorite star.
It is a lesser-known fact that her parents got divorced when she was merely five years old, due to which her mother had to work 3 jobs a day to raise her.
Kudos to her mom that she loves her daughter immensely and supported her throughout her career. Furthermore, for a long period of time, she was Selena’s Financial Manager. Hopefully, this article provided you with all the information on Selena Gomez which you wanted to know.
Image Credit: Variety.com