The market for Seafood Takeout is predicted to grow at a 6.50 percent CAGR from USD 31.1 billion in 2022 to USD 51.3 billion in 2032. The global fish sector has profited from the COVID-19 epidemic, as more individuals have taken up home cooking and retail purchasing. Demand for seafood takeout has surged as internet shops have become the principal avenues for fish and seafood, particularly during the lockout. During the epidemic, the availability of ready-to-eat fish has helped to keep the seafood industry stable.
During the COVID-19 lockdown, businesses across the seafood supply chain faced uncertain working conditions, with governments giving unprecedented levels of aid to employees and enterprises.
Consumer knowledge of the health advantages of seafood and a shift in lifestyle have been credited with market expansion. Consumers who are not vegetarians are gradually modifying their lifestyles and adopting pescetarianism. Pescetarianism refers to a vegetarian diet that includes seafood but excludes meats like beef, hog, and poultry.
The increased consumer expenditure on seafood meals, as well as the trend toward pescetarianism and the availability of high-quality seafood such as sushi, are some of the primary factors driving the expansion of the seafood takeaway market and rising demand for seafood takeout.
Fresh seafood accounts for the majority of the market due to its health benefits, and it is more popular among consumers as a result of sedentary lifestyles, rising income levels, and growing health and wellness consciousness.
This movement has also been aided by greater consumer awareness of the living conditions in cattle ranches and the rising demand for alternatives. Furthermore, because meat and meat products typically contain toxic pesticides and chemicals, excessive consumption of meat and meat products can be unhealthy, prompting consumers to seek out healthier alternatives.
The market has been hampered by the elimination of sea species; nevertheless, sustainable fishing may give a solution to the environmental difficulties and make the market more environmentally, commercially, and socially sustainable.
KEY TAKEAWAYS INCLUDE:
- The seafood takeout market in the United States is expected to reach US$ billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 39.8% over the forecast period.
- The market for seafood takeout in the United Kingdom is predicted to be worth US$ million by 2032, with a CAGR of percent.
- China is estimated to reach a market size of US$ million in the seafood takeaway market by 2032, with a CAGR of percent throughout the forecast period.
- The Japanese seafood takeout business is expected to be worth US$ million by 2032, with an annual growth rate of percent.
- South Korea is expected to reach a market size of US$ million in the seafood takeaway industry by 2032, with a CAGR of percent throughout the forecast period.