Automobile plastic bumpers are projected to continue to play an important role in the automaking industry, despite shifting production regulations. Their light weight, rigidity, and ductility will continue to aid automakers in creating novel external designs for their vehicles. Furthermore, the relevance of automotive plastic bumpers in vehicle occupant and pedestrian safety is predicted to drive higher sales.
More than US$ 10 billion in vehicle plastic bumpers is estimated to be supplied globally in 2017. Fact. According to a recent analysis by MR, however, due to legislation restricting the use of plastic in automobile manufacture, demand for automotive plastic bumpers will grow at a slow rate.
Automotive Plastic Bumper Market: Key Takeaways
- In 2017, the Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) area is estimated to sell more than US$ 3 billion in car plastic bumpers. India, South Korea, and China have been identified as global vehicle production centres. The APEJ region’s dominance in the global automotive plastic bumpers market is expected to continue during the projected period.
- The manufacture of passenger automobiles in North America will result in a significant increase in sales of automotive plastic bumpers. The automobile plastic bumpers market in North America will surpass US$ 2.8 billion in value by the end of 2022, reflecting the comeback of the automotive sector in Canada and the United States.
- Europe is likewise predicted to be at the forefront of the worldwide market for car plastic bumpers. Revenues from sales of vehicle plastic bumpers in European countries are expected to grow at a moderate CAGR over the forecast period.
- Polypropylene is projected to gain a higher choice among essential materials used in the production of plastic bumpers than other materials. Polypropylene materials are predicted to grow in popularity during the projection period, with roughly a third of the worldwide automobile plastic bumpers market value.
- In 2017, it is expected that more than US$ 4.2 billion worth of automotive plastic bumpers would be sold for passenger car manufacture. Passenger cars will be seen as a lucrative vehicle category for the application of automotive plastic bumpers in the future. Plastic bumpers, on the other hand, are expected to be in short supply in commercial vehicle production due to a preference for more durable metal bumpers.
- OEMs will be the major distributors of automobile plastic bumpers during the projected period, according to the report. The increased popularity of vehicle personalization is likely to boost aftermarket sales of automotive plastic bumpers. The demand for low-cost vehicle plastic bumpers will be quite high across these distribution channels.
Innovations in Automotive Plastic Bumper to Support Demand
Automotive plastic bumper manufacturers are investing in research and development platforms in order to improve their product. The automobile plastic bumper is undergoing development in order to improve the safety factor for both vehicles and pedestrians.
Sales of automotive plastic bumpers are expected to increase in the next years as a result of soaring novelties in the automotive plastic bumper market. Furthermore, with the rapid advancement of technology in the automotive industry, smart vehicle plastic bumpers are on the horizon.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=1