The global rheology modifiers market is expected to be valued at USD 9,292.8 Million in 2027 from USD 7,139.6 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 3.3% through the forecast period. Rheology modifiers are specific substances that are added to fluid formulations to change their rheology/flow. Due to rheology modifiers’ properties, such as improved viscosity, they are extensively used in the paints & coatings industry to regulate the flow behavior of various kinds of paints. For instance, rheology modifiers manufactured by the German chemicals company BASF help reduce the spattering and dripping of paint throughout its brush or roller application. Moreover, it enhances the sag resistance of the paint by controlling its viscidity rise. Rheology modifiers play a vital role during the transportation and storage of paints, as they help prevent sedimentation of the pigments present in the paint. Therefore, rheology modifiers help maintain the shelf stability and ease of application of paints & coatings.
Revenue from the global rheology modifiers market is projected to register a substantially high growth rate over the forecast period. One of the pivotal factors fueling the growth of this market is the escalating demand for rheology modifiers across the paints & coatings, buildings & construction, adhesives & sealants, cosmetics & personal care, and pharmaceutical industries. Rheology modifiers are in high demand across the oil & gas industry. Combining these substances with oil-based muds provides low shear rates and higher viscosity levels. Hence, this proves beneficial at the time of drilling horizontal and high-angle wells. Rheology modifiers also help avoid the sagging and sedimentation of the weighting materials.
The other significant factors fueling the growth of the global rheology modifiers market include the rising demand for these substances in the automotive industry for paints & coatings for automobiles, extensive usage of organic rheology modifiers in cosmetics and personal care products, and increasing construction activities worldwide. The excellent properties of rheology modifiers, such as anti-sagging, emulsion stability, smooth consistency, leveling, low VOC content, and improved durability, have further bolstered the industrial demand for these materials. Hence, rapid urbanization, growing demand for high-quality personal care products, surging need for pharmaceutical products, and the expanding oil & gas sector influence the growth of this market. The soaring demand for rheology modifiers in the food & beverage industry is another key factor driving the market growth. These substances are widely used as additives for various food formulations, including salad dressings, soups, sauce toppings, gravies, and bakery products, to obtain the desired flavor and consistency.
Key Highlights of the Report:
- The Asia Pacific rheology modifiers market is poised to emerge as the leading regional segment of the global rheology modifiers market. Increasing building and construction activities in the region, the booming automotive industry, rising demand for premium cosmetics and personal care products, and surging disposable incomes of individuals act as the key growth propellers for this regional market.
- The key industry participants include BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Cargill Inc., Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc., Lubrizol Corporation, Akzo Nobel NV, Arkema SA, Elementis PLC, Croda International PLC, and Clariant AG.
- In January 2020, the U.S.-based leading specialty chemicals manufacturer, Milliken & Company, completed the acquisition of Borchers Group Limited, a globally recognized chemicals company. Borchers is widely known for its high-performance coating additives, inks, adhesives, and a comprehensive range of rheology modifiers, dispersants, cobalt-free driers, polymerization catalysts, wetting agents, and adhesion promoters.
Emergen Research has segmented the global rheology modifiers market based on product type, distribution channel, industry vertical, and region:
By Product Type (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
By Industry Vertical (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Paints & Coatings
- Building & Construction
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Oil & Gas
By Distribution Channel (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
By Region (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/rheology-modifiers-market