Every girl dreams of her quinceañera, a special Latin American tradition celebrating a girl’s 15th birthday and transition from childhood to adulthood. One of the biggest highlights of the celebration is the quinceañera dress. While picking out the perfect dress can be overwhelming for some, it doesn’t have to be. Read on for everything you need to know about shopping for your perfect quinceañera dress!
When it comes to selecting a quinceañera dress, there are plenty of styles to choose from. The most popular style is a ball gown because it gives off a classic princess vibe that looks great in photos. But if you want something different and unique, there are other options such as two-piece sets or high-low hemlines or A-line silhouettes. You can also customize your look with accessories like tiaras, gloves, and veils.
As important as style and color is fit! Make sure that whatever dress you choose fits your body type perfectly so that you look amazing on your big day. If possible, schedule an appointment with a seamstress who can make any necessary alterations before the event so that you get the best fit possible. Also remember that comfort matters too; pick something that you can easily move around in since you will likely be dancing at your celebration!
Most quinceañeras will choose colors that coordinate with their theme or party colors but there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to color selection! Popular colors include pink, blue, purple, red, white and black; however, some quinceaneras may opt for bolder colors like yellow or green or even metallic shades like gold or silver! Regardless whether you are deciding between purple quinceanera dresses, pink quinceanera dresses, or whatever color it may be, make sure you feel confident and beautiful!
Accessorizing is Key
Accessorizing quinceanera dresses can be one of the most fun parts of your special day. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect accessories for your unique look:
- Start with shoes. Find a pair that not only looks gorgeous, but is also comfortable enough to dance in all night long. Pick shoes that match the color and style of your dress to create a unified look.
- Add some sparkle. Consider adding a statement piece of jewelry, like an elegant necklace or large earrings, to give your look added glitz and glamour. Choose pieces with stones or crystals that complement the colors in your dress.
- Wear a veil or tiara. A classic quinceanera look is to wear a long white veil and a sparkly tiara. If you’d like something more subtle, opt for a shorter, colored veil with a smaller tiara.
- Consider gloves and a wrap. If your dress is sleeveless or strapless, gloves can add an extra layer of sophistication. You can also choose a wrap in a complementary fabric for added warmth and style.
- Don’t forget the purse! Choose a small clutch with a few essentials such as lipstick, blotting papers, and tissues. Make sure it coordinates with the colors and style of your dress.
When shopping for your Quinceañera dress don’t forget about style considerations (ball gowns vs two pieces), fit (make sure it fits YOU), color options (neutrals vs bold hues), and of course accessorize (splash of flash!). With all these factors in mind hopefully finding the perfect dress will be a little less intimidating! Remember to have fun with this process and enjoy every moment leading up to this special day of yours! Good luck shopping!