Known for its sunny shores and theme parks, Florida may not immediately come to mind as a hub for healthcare education. There are many really good nursing programs in Florida. These programs are working hard to train the next group of caring nurses. The need for registered nurses in Florida is going up quickly because there are a lot of older people living there. For passionate students, Florida’s schools offer high-caliber nursing training in diverse, dynamic settings.
Why Consider Nursing in Florida?
While its beaches may beckon, Florida offers compelling reasons to stay and build an impactful nursing career locally including:
- Ongoing demand – Florida needs over 50,000 new RNs by 2025 to adequately care for its growing communities. Job security and advancement opportunities abound.
- High wages – Florida offers new nurses competitive salaries exceeding national averages along with ample room for salary growth over time.
- Diverse populations – Caring for Florida’s diverse communities provides rich opportunities to deliver culturally competent care.
- Specialization options – Major hospitals and specialty facilities allow nurses to gain expertise in highly skilled disciplines like oncology, trauma, pediatrics and more.
- Desirable locations – Launch your nursing career in vibrant, growing cities offering warm weather and amenities for an enjoyable lifestyle.
Top Nursing Schools in Florida
With a diverse range of nursing programs, Florida stands as a hub for nursing education, offering over 75 institutions that prepare exceptional nursing graduates. These standout schools contribute significantly to the state’s healthcare sector and have gained recognition for their commitment to excellence in nursing education.
Florida’s top nursing schools prioritize comprehensive syllabus, clinical experience, and cutting-edge research. They create a good place for people who want to be nurses to learn important things about healthcare, think carefully, and learn useful skills. These schools often work together with hospitals to give students real experience, making sure they’re ready for the tough parts of being a nurse.
The faculty at these schools typically comprises experienced nursing professionals who bring real-world insights into the classrooms. The nursing programs cover a wide spectrum of specialties, including pediatric care, gerontology, mental health, and more, enabling students to tailor their education according to their interests and career aspirations.
University of Florida
The University of Florida’s prestigious College of Nursing offers elite BSN, MSN and PhD nursing programs on its Gainesville campus. UF graduates consistently excel on the NCLEX-RN exam with a 100% first-time pass rate. Small class sizes ensure personalized instruction.
University of Miami
From its perch in vibrant Miami, UM’s School of Nursing and Health Studies empowers nurses as leaders in global healthcare. UM nursing graduates have a stellar 97% NCLEX-RN first-time pass rate and 100% employment rate within 6 months.
Florida Atlantic University
Located in Boca Raton, FAU’s Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited BSN, MSN and DNP degrees focused on compassion and leadership. Graduates benefit from FAU’s strong community partnerships.
AH University is in Orlando and teaches nurses to care for people’s bodies and spirits. Students at AHU learn by doing a lot of practical work at well-known AdventHealth hospitals.
Florida State University
FSU’s College of Nursing in Tallahassee educates nurses who deliver innovative, patient-centered care informed by research. Their BSN, MSN, and DNP programs emphasize leadership and transcultural nursing skills.
Florida International University
Miami’s public research university FIU offers CCNE-accredited nursing degrees from BSN to PhD levels. FIU leverages South Florida’s diversity to produce nurses skilled in serving diverse populations.
Top Nursing Programs by Degree Type
Beyond these top overall schools, Florida has stellar programs offering every type of nursing credential. Here are some standouts:
Bachelor’s in Nursing Programs
– North Palm College of Nursing
– University of North Florida (Jacksonville)
– Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers)
– Nova Southeastern University (Fort Lauderdale)
Accelerated BSN Programs
– Keiser University (Multiple campuses)
– Hodges University (Naples)
– Chamberlain University (Jacksonville)
Online RN to BSN Programs
– Western Governors University
– Grand Canyon University
– Purdue University Global
Master’s in Nursing Programs
– Johns Hopkins University (Tampa)
– Samuel Merritt University (Tampa)
– South University (Multiple campuses)
Pursuing a Nursing Education in Florida:
For motivated students, Florida offers first-class nursing education along with an enviable lifestyle. Program options range from prestigious universities training future healthcare leaders to affordable online colleges making RN degrees accessible to all.
Florida possesses the ingredients for an amazing start to one’s nursing career – demand for skilled nurses, strong education programs, and desirable, growing locales to launch a practice after graduation. Take advantage of the best colleges in usa for nursing education opportunities to begin making a meaningful difference in your community.