The progressive web application market is expected to be valued at USD 10.44 billion in 2027 from USD 1.13 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 31.9% through the forecast period, according to a recent report by Emergen Research. Through using the Internet to offer app-standard experiences, innovative web applications (PWAs) eliminate any friction. Apps do not have to be installed by the user, and he/she can easily navigate the browser’s website, like Safari and Chrome. PWA focuses on faster loading and using less data.
Progressive web application features, such as Android push alerts, touch gestures, geo-location, and the ability to save PWA icons on home screens to make them easily available, make it popular with users. Moreover, another driving factor is that, when they operate in tandem with native apps, PWAs can replace them.
During the forecast period, a rise in the number of smartphone users and a large amount of time spent by these users on apps are expected to propel the progressive web application market share. PWAs take up limited space and can also work on low internet speeds and offline mode. This exponentially drives the market for PWAs. However, it is expected that complex, slow-building implementations would restrain the adoption of this technology in the near future.
Key Highlights from Report
- The Dynamic web application is a system program that regulates and encourages the maintenance of a web page creation. News apps and e-commerce apps provide examples of dynamic web applications.
- Due to the high adoption of progressive web applications, the segment of small & medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. Demand for technology is created by the lack of sophisticated infrastructure and R&D teams in SMEs to build apps.
- Due to the growing adoption of advanced technologies in the region, North America held the largest share of the global market in 2019. Another factor driving the demand is the increasing use of web-based apps in the U.S.
- Key market participants include Fusion Informatics, Deligence Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Aafilogic Infotech, Constant Infosolutions, CMARIX TechnoLabs, MLSDev, Nextyug India, Hidden Brain, Google Developers, IBM Corporation, and Microsoft.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global progressive web application market based on offering, application, end-user, industry vertical, and region:
- Offering Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Tools & Libraries
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Dynamic Web Application
- Static Web Application
- End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Small- & Medium-sized Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
- Industry Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Retail & E-commerce
- Media & Entertainment
- Real Estate
- Travel & Tourism
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/progressive-web-application-market