Painting is one of the finest methods to update the look and feel of your house. This pricing guide has been compiled to show you the average cost of painters and decorators in the Dublin region.
- A room’s average cost to paint is €411.
- A professional will perform your job perfectly from the start.
- The average cost to paint the outside of a three-bedroom semidetached home is €1,311.
Many do-it-yourselfers assume they are capable of painting and decorating, until they witness the low quality of their job. Professional decorators are able to create a high-quality finish, which is impossible to do on your own, due to their training and years of expertise.
Due to the variable nature of painting and decorating jobs, the typical cost ranges from €411 to €6,111 on average. The average daily fee for a painter and decorator is around €231.
Whether you’re redesigning to modernise your house, preparing to sell it, altering how you use one of your rooms, or simply wishing to brighten the paintwork, a fresh coat of paint can do wonders for your home’s appearance (and value).
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors-monitored professional estimating business OsDecor Estimate’s online estimators were consulted (RICS). They gave us with their anticipated typical costs for Dublin painters and decorators.
If you intend to utilise premium paint brands (such as Farrow & Ball or Little Green Man), you will need to account for additional expenses.
What is the cost of painting and decorating?
- The daily rate for a painter and decorator is €181
- House painting per m2 (floor space) for €41
- House painting costs €8 per m2 (wall space).
- Painting a room of average size costs €411 per room
- Painting a two-bedroom apartment. €1,511 per flat
- The cost of painting a 5-bedroom home is €5,511.
- €651 for painting halls, landings, and stairs
- Painting ceilings Per m2 €7
- Exterior painting is $15 per square metre.
- Each €1,111 for exterior painting of a three-bedroom semi-detached
- The cost of painting the outside of a detached four-bedroom home is €1,751.
- Using wallpaper (labour only) €12 per m2
- Decorating a room with wallpaper (labour only): €351 per room
- €81 per door is charged for painting both sides
- Woodwork painting costs €11 per square metre.
- €11 per unit for radiator painting
The cost of painting and decorating is affected by a variety of variables, including:
- The type and quality of the materials utilised.
- The size of the space to be embellished
- Time necessary to perform the task
- the state of the walls (additional preparation work will add to the decorating costs)
Costs charged by painters and decorators
Cost per day of a painter and decorator
In Dublin, the average daily rate for painters and decorators is €231.
In addition to materials, you will need to pay for the labour of a skilled professional. The typical day fee for a painter and decorator will vary based on where you reside, the individual’s level of expertise, and the kind of the job you require.
How much does it cost to decorate a room?
A room’s average cost to paint is €411.
For the purposes of this guide, the typical cost of painting a medium-sized room is around 4.5 metres by 4 metres.
The larger the space, the greater the expense to decorate it.
How much does it cost to paint a house?
The typical cost of painting a two-bedroom apartment is €2,111.
The average cost of painting a home with five bedrooms is €6,111.
This will raise the expense if you intend to paint the entire house. Not only will the task take longer, but it will also demand a great deal more resources (paint, wallpaper, etc.).
To learn more, please read our detailed information on the costs associated with painting the outside of a house.
How much does it cost to wallpaper a room?
A room (4.4m x 3.3m) typically costs €451 to paper.
Before purchasing wallpaper, it’s a good idea to consult a local painter and decorator once you’ve selected it. They may be able to obtain trade discounts, which will assist in reducing decorating expenses.
The labour charges for decorating will be increased by the cost of your wallpaper.
The expense of painting a ceiling
The average cost per square metre to paint a ceiling is €8.51.
Ceilings are typically one of the most difficult surfaces to paint in a space. You must have the necessary ladders and longer painting equipment for the job. Additionally, you must apply the paint without causing drips or imperfections in the final painting.
The price of painting the foyer, stairwell, and landing
The average cost of painting hallways, stairwells, and landings is €751.
One of the benefits of hiring a professional painter and decorator is that they will handle all the tedious decorative details. Hallways, landings, and staircases provide several painting and decorating obstacles. They are worth the cost of employing a professional so you may delegate responsibility to them.
Costs for exterior painting
The average cost to paint the outside of a semidetached home with three bedrooms is €1,311.
The average cost to paint the outside of a detached four-bedroom home is €2,111.
The exterior of your property is exposed to several destructive factors, including wind, rain, sun, and continual temperature fluctuations. It is essential to apply a high-quality, long-lasting solution when painting the exterior of your home.
Other decorative expenses to consider:
In addition to the cost of labour and supplies for any painting and decorating project, you may also need to budget for the following. These consist of:
- Taking down wallpaper
- “Painting from above”
- The windows and casings
- Recoating or repairing holes
Painter and decorator’s cost calculator
To evaluate the cost of your painting and decorating job, you must consider the area’s size and intricacy. Costs are proportional to the project’s size and degree of difficulty.
You must also account for any necessary preparation work, such as plastering or wall or ceiling preparation. And don’t forget the material cost of the paint; if you choose an expensive, high-quality paint brand, you will incur a larger expense.
Painters and decorators billed by the hour
The average cost of a painter and decorator is around €28.75 per hour, depending on the experience and location of the professional. If the painting task will take many days, you may be offered a day cost, which is typically approximately €231 per day, depending on the painter and the scope of the work.
The opinions of painters and decorators
Always receive at least three estimates from our reputable tradespeople. Our request a quotation option is ideal for obtaining estimates; simply submit the task specifications and we’ll distribute them to local tradesmen in your region. Check it out!
Can I myself paint and decorate?
Yes, however the quality of your finish will be inferior to that of a professional.
We always advocate hiring a professional painter and decorator to achieve the finest possible outcome for your property.
The advantages of hiring an expert painter and decorator
Many homeowners will always attempt to decorate their homes themselves, only to discover, after a great deal of effort, that their work is subpar.
There are several advantages to hiring a professional painter and decorator:
- Professional painters and decorators are trained in this, resulting in high-quality work.
- You receive expert guidance on style and colour selection.
- It saves you time, allowing you to enjoy your house rather than work on it.
- Professional painters and decorators bring their own equipment and materials (so you won’t need to purchase paint brushes, dust sheets, etc.).
- Decorators with experience know how to prepare surfaces for optimal outcomes.
- They will clean up after themselves, allowing you to instantly enjoy your newly adorned house.
- You will have piece of mind knowing that the task will be completed carefully and to the highest quality.
Useful checklist for painters and decorators
- By working with a professional decorator, you will benefit from their years of training and expertise. This implies a superior finish compared to any do-it-yourself attempts.
- Always consult a local painting and decorating professional for guidance on the colour and material selection for your decorating job.
- Always obtain at least three estimates from recommended interior designers by your neighbours.
- Consult with local painters and decorators to take advantage of their trade discounts while purchasing materials for the project.