The global prenatal testing and newborn screening market is expected to be valued at USD 10.85 Billion by 2027 from USD 4,124.3 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 12.8% through the forecast period. This growth is attributable to the increasing awareness levels among new parents about detection of fetal chromosomes defects.
Additionally, testing, such as the Trisomy 21 test, is considered superior than other modalities screenings. The chromosomal anomalies include benefits by genetic material, which can differ from chromosome to chromosome, and thus, have applications in prenatal testing. There is a rise in the adoption of advanced prenatal testing and newborn screening for detecting genetic problems among kids and newborn babies. Rising awareness among new parents regarding importance of such tests for early detection of genetic problems among infants is boosting its market growth.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights From Report
- In April 2019, Progenity Inc. introduced the Resura Prenatal Test, which is a non-invasive and personalized prenatal check for monogenetic diseases. Such newer tests are ensuring safety of infants, which is estimated to drive market growth in the coming future.
- Based on the instrument, the ultrasonography sub-segment is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributable to its growing adoption due to the ability of ultrasound diagnosis for detection of anomalies in the position of the baby coupled with actions within the womb.
- Based on end users, the hospital sub-segment acquired a significant market share in 2019 owing to the rising introduction of non-invasive prenatal testing. Additionally, rapid technological advancements in newborn screening, better reimbursement scenario, and the presence of skilled professionals are driving growth of the global prenatal testing and newborn screening market.
- Regionally, the North American region dominated the prenatal testing and newborn screening market in 2019 and is estimated to remain dominant over the forecast period. This growth is attributable to the advent of technologically advanced healthcare system coupled with developments of whole-genome sequencing. Additionally, the early adoption of advanced healthcare is estimated to benefit the growth of the market.
- Key participants in the prenatal testing and newborn screening market include Bio-Rad Laboratories, Abbott Laboratories, Color Genomics, Eurofins Scientific, Edinburgh Genomics, Agilent Technologies, Illumina Inc., CRISPR, Qiagen NV, and Editas Medicine.
Emergen Research has segmented the global prenatal testing and newborn screening market on the basis of type, test type, technology, instrument, end-user, and region:
- Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Prenatal Testing
- Newborn Screening
- Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Mass Spectrometry
- Enzyme Immunoassays
- DNA Assays
- Instrument Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Reagent and Assay Kits
- Tandem Quadrupole Detector
- Incubator Shaker
- Hearing Screen Instruments
- End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Maternity & Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/prenatal-testing-and-newborn-screening-market