The pharmaceutical packaging industry is expected to reach US$ 178.8 billion by 2031, with a compound annual growth rate of 7.4% between 2022 and 2031. The most recent market study on global pharmaceutical packaging market size, share, industry report with data tables, pie charts, high-level qualitative chapters & graphs is now available to provide a comprehensive assessment of the pharmaceutical packaging market, highlighting evolving trends, measures taken by players, current-to-future scenario analysis, and growth factors validated with viewpoints extracted via industry experts and consultants.
Manufacturers are prioritizing cleanroom packaging solutions to control the impact of the pandemic and other diseases, according to a Future Market Insights (FMI) analysis of the pharmaceutical packaging market. Bottles, vials, ampoules, blister packs, and other primary packaging alternatives are available, as well as supplementary packaging options like boxes, cartons, and more. Bottles are in high demand as a suitable type of pharmaceutical packaging among these.
In the last few years, sales of pharmaceutical packaging solutions have exploded. This is due to the growing desire for child-resistant container styles that prevent inadvertent consumption. The demand for various packaging solutions is fueled by cost-effectiveness, ease of use, and durability. As manufacturers implement revolutionary easy-to-use-and-dispose features, the pharmaceutical packaging industry is expected to see increased demand.
Pharmaceutical packaging has gained popularity in recent years due to advancements in safety and security. In addition, the increased prevalence of diseases, combined with environmental concerns, is boosting pharmaceutical packaging activities.
The Most Important Takeaways from the Pharmaceutical Packaging Market Research
• By the end of 2031, bottles are expected to dominate the market with over 30% of the value share, aided by leak-proof packaging solutions.
• Plastic is expected to be the most profitable material in the industry by 2031, with an incremental opportunity of US$ 58.41 billion
• The United States dominates the North American market, with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical manufacturers
• China will experience solid growth, fueled by the expansion of its local pharmaceutical sector
• Germany is expected to remain dominant in Europe as a pharma packaging manufacturing hub
The rise in per capita healthcare spending boosts pharmaceutical packaging sales.
Given the current situation and growing public awareness of the healthcare sector, investments in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries are increasing. The pharmaceutical business has had a good and direct association with healthcare investments.