The Pectin market growth is driven by changing consumer lifestyles and enhanced consumer preferences towards premium food and beverage products.
Pectin is a naturally occurring soluble fiber found in fruits and vegetables. Commercially, pectin is sourced from citrus rinds and is sold in dry or liquid form. It is extensively used for application in the manufacturing of food & beverage and pharmaceutical products. Pectin is also used as a stabilizer in fruit juices and milk drinks while serving as a great source of dietary fiber. Regulatory bodies like the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization’s JECFA have approved the use of pectin as a safe food additive.
Rising health concerns and increased emphasis on the consumption of protein fiber, along with active participation of R&D activities for pectin production, are expected to boost market growth during the forecast period. However, the volatility of the product’s raw material, the introduction of stringent regulations for manufacturing, and the growing need for setting quality standards may act as major restraining factors for the pectin market development in the coming years.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights from Report-
- Pectin market growth is driven by increasing awareness regarding the health benefits of the product and its extensive pharmaceutical and F&B applications.
- In the regional landscape, the Asia Pacific region is forecast to be the fastest-growing market for pectin during the analysis period. The region is observing a surging demand for convenience foods, baked confectionery items, and functional dairy products. China and India are expected to be the major contributors to pectin market revenue share through 2027 on account of changing lifestyles and food preferences in these countries.
- Europe is a major revenue pocket for the pectin market on account of the highest demand from the food & beverage sector in the region. Europe held nearly 32% of the global pectin market in 2017 and is expected to gain major traction through 2027 on account of the surging demand for functional dairy products and convenience foods from the region.
- Key players operating in the global pectin market are Dupont (U.S.), Incorporated (U.S.), Cargill, Incorporated (U.S.) Tate & Lyle PLC (U.K.), Naturex (France), CP Kelco (U.S.), Herbstreith & Fox Corporate Group (Germany), Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands), Compañía Española de Algas Marinas S.A. (Spain), Silvateam S.p.A. (Italy), B&V Srl (Italy), Lucid Colloids Ltd (India), and Yantai Andre Pectin Co. Ltd. (China), among others.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global Pectin Market based on product type, raw material, function, application, and region-
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Raw Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
· Citrus Fruits
· Sugar Beet
· Others (including guavas, pears, sunflower, plums, quince, and berries)
Function Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
· Gelling Agents
· Fat Replacers
· Others (including emulsifiers, e-coating materials, and moisture-binding agents)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
· Food & Beverage
- Jams, Jellies, and Spreads
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Sauces & Dressing
- Dairy Products
- Meat & Poultry Products
- Baby Foods
- Prepared Foods
· Personal Care Products
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/pectin-market