The global ozone generator market is expected to be valued at USD 1,501.8 Million in 2027 from USD 942.5 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 5.9% through the forecast period. Ozone generators provide an effective and safe process for treating impurities in the air. They are available in the market in the form of odor removers. These machines aid in treating liquid wastes, including phenols and cyanides. They also clean as well as deodorize sewage gases.
A few crucial factors fueling the industry’s growth include government-imposed stringent environmental regulations and surging demand for various types of ozone generators from a broad range of end-use industries. However, high operational and installation costs and lack of awareness regarding the product are hindering the market’s expansion.
The growing population is responsible for polluting the air to a large extent. The increasing level of GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions and various ozone-depleting substances are causing the destruction of the ozone layer. Surging health issues caused by air pollution are stimulating the demand for various ozone generators. Additionally, rapidly changing consumer requirements have led to significant investments in R&D, which is causing a restriction for new entrants in the sector for ozone generators.
Key Highlights of Report
- In July 2020, a leading firm, Airthereal, launched an innovative portable ozone generator, especially for small home and business spaces to clean as well as disinfect indoor air. This portable ozone generator—PA50-GO is a battery-powered machine that is suitable for mobility and cars during the COVID pandemic. Growing demand for purified air during driving and availing public transport after the pandemic is contributing to the industry’s expansion.
- The corona discharge segment accounted for the highest market share in 2019. This technology comes at affordable prices. Corona discharge generators are capable of producing medical-grade ozone, fueling the segment’s growth.
- Ozone generators are extensively used in medical and laboratory equipment for disinfecting medical equipment along with treating different types of health conditions. They further aid in preventing wounds. Additionally, people with various types of breathing issues can be benefitted from ozone therapy due to its ability in reducing lungs’ stress by elevating the level of oxygen in blood.
- The municipal sub-segment showcased the maximum industry share in 2019, owing to ozone generators’ high usage in treating municipal water. These generators are used at pre- or post-filtration treatment for eliminating break down impurities along with enhancing the water quality.
- Asia Pacific held the highest industry share in 2019. Growing demand from Japan and China is accelerating the sector for ozone generators. Water supply shortage in emerging nations and the fast adoption of advanced technologies in water treatment are boosting the regional market expansion.
- Leading market players in the sector are Suez, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Daikin, Ozone Tech Systems, Lenntech, Faraday Ozone, Primozone, DEL Ozone, and Ozone Solutions.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global ozone generator market based on technology, application, end-use industry, and region:
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Cold Plasma
- Corona Discharge
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Air Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment
- Laboratory & Medical Equipment
End-use Industry Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/ozone-generator-market