As per the study at FMI, the oil and gas data management software market was valued at US$ 16.9 Bn in 2022 and is predicted to reach US$ 70.4 Bn by 2032, growing at 15.3% CAGR.
Furthermore, the sales of oil and gas data management software have grown due to greater digitization, the adoption of workplace mobility solutions, and real-time workforce assistance. As a result, market spending on efficient servers, networking, and the demand for oil and gas data management software is expected to rise to expedite business operations and improve overall efficiency.
In today’s economy, digital data is growing at an exponential rate which is propelling the growth of oil and gas data management software market share. The growth of the Internet of Things is generating massive amounts of digital data in the oil and gas industry at an exponential rate which further increases the demand for oil and gas data management software.
- By component, the solutions segment dominated the oil and gas data management software market with a CAGR of 15.5% through 2032.
- During the forecast period, the U.S. is anticipated to dominate the oil and gas data management software market with a CAGR of 13.5% through 2032.
- The region accounted for almost a third of global market revenue and is likely to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. The demand for oil and gas data management software is anticipated to rise as it is being adopted by a huge number of mid-sized and small businesses.
- During the forecast period, the Middle East and Africa had the second-largest oil and gas data management software market share.
- In 2017, Asia Pacific had tremendous growth, owing to a rising rate of digitization in data management over time. However, it is encountering roadblocks in the oil and gas data management software market’s expansion. Different regulatory compliances and the scarcity of effective infrastructure are cited as major explanations for the possible risk.
Oil and gas data management market players are focusing on providing customized solutions that are in sync with the procedures of various oil and gas organizations. These solutions contribute to the market’s increased growth rate for oil and gas data management software.
Some of the oil and gas data management software market players profiled in the FMI’s study are Newgen Software, IBM Corporation, Cisco Systems, SAP SE, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd
- In 2018, Sourcewater, Inc. purchased Genscape, Inc.’s Digital H2O Water asset intelligence service to launch an advanced IoT integrated oilfield water and disposal intelligence platform that would provide sophisticated water data science to the upstream energy industry.
- Emerson Electric Co. acquired General Electric’s AI Intelligent Platform in 2018, to strengthen the worldwide exploration and production software market. Emerson Electric Co. would be able to increase its capabilities in machine control and discrete applications, as well as integrate with oil and gas power plants, as a result of this acquisition.