According to a recent analysis, the global natural sweeteners market size was valued at USD 2.93 Billion in 2020 and is forecast to reach USD 4.72 Billion, at a CAGR of 6.2% over 2021-2028. Increasing consumer awareness regarding the potential health risks associated with long-term use of artificial sweeteners and increasing inclination towards natural sugar alternatives is expected to drive natural sweeteners market.
Non-nutritive artificial sweeteners, though marked as a zero-calorie food additive, can potentiate the effects of type 2 diabetes and even disrupt gut health. Studies reveal that the healthy bacteria in our intestines are weakened to break down less sugars the more they are exposed to artificial sweeteners. Prolonged consumption of artificial sweeteners may have several side effects, ranging from headaches, obesity, CVDs, and even impairment of kidney and liver functions. Growing consumer awareness regarding ill-effects of artificial sweeteners is fuelling the demand for natural sweeteners.
Surging demand for stevia as an alternatives that is natural, have low-calorific value, which con potentially decrease the sugar content while maintaining the mouthfeel, body, and texture is expected to supplement natural sweeteners market revenue share. Moreover, availability of sweeteners such as stevia and stevia blends, monk fruit, coconut sugar, sugar alcohols, honey, prebiotic fibers syrups, and others will further provide impetus to the global natural sweeteners market growth.
Some Key Highlights in the Report
- Based on application, the Food & beverages segment accounted for a major chunk of the natural sweeteners market in 2020 and is expected to gain major traction through 2028. The segmental growth can be attributed to the increasing investments in the development of superior quality natural sweeteners by food and beverage manufacturers across the globe.
- Based on type, the stevia segment is forecast to observe fastest growth over the analysis period. Stevia is one of the most preferred natural sweeteners as it is low on calories doesn’t pike blood-sugar levels on consumption and is also better in reducing postprandial glucose in comparison to other sweeteners. Increasing product adoption by diabetetic patients for insulin level and weight management will boost segmental growth.
- In the regional landscape, North America is forecast to be the largest revenue contributor to the global natural sweeteners market share over the forecast period. Rise in incidence of diabetes, growing prevalence of obesity, cardiovascular diseases among masses in countries across the region is fuelling the demand for natural sweeteners. Massive health-conscious consumer base in the region will favor industry growth through 2028.
- Key players contributing towards the global natural sweeteners market share include Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, DuPont, Tate & Lyle PLC, Cargill, Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, Roquette Frères, Evolva Holding SA, Purecircle, Madhava, Ltd., and Foodchem International Corporation, among others.
For the purpose of this study, Emergen Research has segmented the global natural sweeteners market on the basis of application, type, and region:
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Food & Beverages (Confectionery Products, Fruit Juices, Dairy Products, Bakery Products, Carbonated Drinks)
- Personal Care
- Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Sweet proteins
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/natural-sweeteners-market