The global biometric driver identification system market is predicted to grow at a healthy rate, according to a Fact.MR report. During the projection period of 2017-2022, the market is expected to grow at a 23.9 percent CAGR. The demand for biometric driver identification systems is being driven by greater safety and comfort features in various car models, as well as increased safety awareness. Manufacturers have begun to create biometric driver identification systems with advanced features that will improve the driving experience while also increasing safety.
A biometric driver identification system is a relatively recent automobile safety device. A biometric driver identification system improves vehicle security by identifying individuals based on a set of characteristics. To provide multi-level security, automakers are integrating biometric driver identification systems into automobiles.
5 Key Insights on Global Biometric Driver Identification System Market
- In the worldwide biometric driver identification system market, North America is likely to be the largest market. By the end of 2022, North America is expected to have surpassed US$ 9,000 million in sales. The market for biometric driver identification systems in North America is expected to rise at a rapid pace. Some of the causes driving growth in the region include increased acceptance of modern technology, increased awareness of vehicle safety, and the existence of persons with high discretionary income.
- The second most attractive market for biometric driver identification systems is likely to be Europe. One of the reasons for rising acceptance of advanced vehicle safety technology is government initiatives toward vehicle safety and road safety, which has boosted demand for biometric driver identification systems in Europe.
- The largest deployment of biometric driver identification systems is likely to be in compact passenger cars. Compact passenger cars are expected to generate almost US$ 7,700 million in sales by the end of 2022, owing to their steady growth.
- Engine start-stop systems are projected to rely heavily on biometric driver identification systems. Meanwhile, the market for driver fatigue and sleepiness monitoring systems in biometric driver identification systems is expected to rise rapidly, with an incremental opportunity of more than US$ 3,500 million between 2017 and 2022.
- When compared to other biometric driver identification technologies, Iris scan technology is expected to grow rapidly. By the end of 2022, iris scan as a biometric driver identification system technology is expected to generate close to US$ 4,000 million in revenue.
Multi-Biometrics Equipped with Real-Time Recognition – A Key Trend
The development of systems that operate several features with competent security and accuracy has seen a considerable expansion in the biometric driver identification market. Apart from multi-modal capabilities, key competitors in the biometric driver identification system market have been working on matching fingerprint and facial details. Furthermore, real-time biometric recognition with database matching has developed as the next level of security in identification.
Leading manufacturers in the biometric identification system market are also working on developing facial recognition systems that can identify a driver’s drowsiness, lowering the risk of a road accident. Infrared sensors have lately begun to be used in biometric driver identification systems to detect and anticipate driver distractions.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=283