Having the right software is essential for your business’s survival. In this article, we have shortlisted 3 leading all-in-one software, Vagaro, MassageBook, and Yottled to help you choose the right solution for your spa and massage business. We will compare their cost, add-on fees, and top 18 features.
MassageBook Vs. Vagaro Vs. Yottled: 18 Points Comparison
|Pricing||$25/mo. per employee||Transition plan: Free for the first year, $19.99/month for the second year
Simplify plan: $37.99/mo.
Amplify plan: $47.88/mo.
|Free, forever. All features are included. Everything is unlimited.
|$25/mo. per employee||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Basic booking page
|Customized booking page/website builder
|Automated text messages for notifications and reminders
|Extra $20/mo.||Only with Simplify and Amplify plans||Yes|
|Email marketing||Free 1,000 emails. Pay extra for additional usage.||Only with Amplify plan.||Yes|
|Sell and manage gift cards
|Yes||Only with Amplify plan.||Yes|
|Invoices/receipts||Yes||Only with Simplify and Amplify plans||Yes|
|Basic SOAP notes
|Premium SOAP notes
|No||Only with Simplify and Amplify plans||No|
|Yes||Only with Simplify and Amplify plans||Yes|
|Facebook & Instagram integration
|Force clients to create an account/sign up to book
|Digital intake forms||Extra $10/mo.||Only with Simplify and Amplify plans||Yes|
|Payment processing fees||
2.2% to 3.5% Plus $0.15 to $0.19 per transaction
|2.6% to 3.5% Plus $0.1 to $0.3 per transaction||2.9% Plus $0.3 per transaction|
|Option to transfer payment processing fees to customers
Vagaro Vs. MassageBook Vs. Yottled: Pros and Cons
Let’s understand the pluses and minuses of each platform to help you choose the right one for your business.
Vagaro is offering a booking and scheduling platform for beauty and wellness businesses. It has many other features are add-ons to make the ale-carte. Here are some pros and cons.
- Starts at $25/mo. per employee (bookable calendar). This rate is lower than other big players in the market.
- Rates reduce as you add more employees.
- The basic plan has attractive options such as a booking page, gift cards, basic SOAP notes, social media integration, and invoices.
- Provides the option to shift payment processing fees to your clients in order to reduce business costs.
- It makes your customers register and create accounts to book. This step creates a barrier in the booking experience as people don’t like to enter user ids and passwords all the time.
- Too expensive for larger teams.
- Basic features like digital forms and data storage cost $10/mo. each, i.e., $240/year for both combined.
- Automated text messages for notifications and reminders cost an additional $20/month, i.e., $240/year, which you can get free with other platforms.
- Difficult to use for non-tech-savvy users.
Yottled is providing an all-in-one business management solution to the beauty, wellness, and fitness industries. Here are some pros and cons.
- Doesn’t charge anything to massage therapists and spas. It charges a small convenience fee to the end users when they book. It’s 100% free to businesses.
- All features are included with unlimited usage.
- Unlimited employee calendars (bookable calendars) are included.
- No revenue sharing.
- Gives the option to pass on payment processing fees to the final user to reduce business costs.
- Doesn’t force clients to sign up and create an account before they can book, reducing the page dropout rate dramatically.
- Email marketing tool is available for free with pre-built templates and a drag-and-drop facility.
- Some of the attractive features: Digital forms, a booking page with brand logo, and colors, social media integration, SOAP notes (basic), storage (CRM), Google calendar sync, gift cards, and automated text and email notifications.
- Doesn’t have advanced- interactive SOAP notes.
- Support is available through text messages, and email. Live chat is available only from their knowledgebase, which is difficult to find..
- Available in the US and Canada only. No global availability, yet.
It is a platform specialized for independent massage therapists and spas. Here are some advantages and disadvantages.
- Discounted rates for members of AMTA.
- The basic plan includes some attractive features like Google calendar sync, a basic booking page, SOAP notes, storage, and social media integration.
- Includes unlimited employee bookable employees.
- Has interactive and detailed SOAP notes with upgraded plans.
- Need to upgrade the plan to use some features massage therapists need in day-to-day business such as Automated text messages for notifications and reminders, Email marketing, and invoices.
- Gift cards: One of the most popular amenities is not included in the basic plan and customers are forced to buy the most expensive (Amplify) plan.
- Unlike Vagaro and Yottled, it doesn’t provide an option to pass on the payment processing fees to end customers.
- The end customer needs to sign up before booking an appointment with any massage therapist.
- Need to upgrade the plan to integrate the booking facility into your existing website.