Digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands through one or more forms of electronic media. Digital marketing is different from traditional marketing because it involves the use of channels and methods that allow organizations to analyze marketing campaigns and figure out what works and what is not in real time. Digital marketing monitors stuffs such as being viewed, how often and for how long, content that works and vice-versa, sales conversions, etc. The Internet is the most closely associated channel for digital marketing, others include wireless text messages, mobile applications, electronic bulletin boards, mobile instant messaging, podcasts, television and digital radio channels, etc.
Various Types of Digital Marketing You can Do Online.
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Traffic
- Content Marketing
- Social Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Web Analytics
- Influencer Marketing
- Local Listings
- Domain Research
- Mobile Advertising
How to make money through digital marketing online
That’s the question everyone asks how to make money through digital marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), Pay per Click, etc. so here are the ways you can make Digital Marketing Work:
- Working as a freelancer on projects for clients who need a digital marketer.
- Start e-commerce business on the internet.
- Share articles via blog as a blogger or creating web traffic and then sell advertising space for revenue.
- As a digital marketer for a company or employer.
- You can join any business and earn money with the thorough knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing or create a profile on any digital marketing platform like Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer.
- Monetize your Youtube content if any, using the Youtube monetization option.
- You can submit your blog to Google AdSense to monetize your blog content as well.
How to start Digital Marketing online
A successful digital marketing strategy and channel starts with a clear understanding of four things:
- What organizations you want to work for.
- What is your organization interested in achieving.
- Who are the Customers you are trying to serve.
- The specific value you want to offer.
From there it comes to deciding how to reach and serve the customers in the digital world (strategic development). For Example, noticing US footwear retailer Zappos strategy. The company has a clear position and the basic philosophy of building personal emotional connection with customers. The truth is that any strategy you choose must be balance adequately to gain momentum with the ability to respond to changing business environment in the long run.
Essential skills needed for online digital marketing
Experts in online digital marketing today must have a diverse set of skills, including a sophisticated understanding of media channels available, the ability to identify up-and-coming opportunities, in addition to basic skills of a distinctive marketer. They need to have a balance skills of critical and creative thinking in other to achieve immense success.
- Paid social media advertising skills – New digital marketers have to be well versed in advertising, paid social media advertising, they should be able to understand and carry out an analysis such as Facebook insight.
- Sales Skills – Even though digital marketers cannot be directly closing deals; it is paramount they know how to sell to generate leads opportunities.
- Third channel marketing expertise – key to marketing strategy focuses on several channels and how to use them well.
- Ability to execute and analyze marketing campaigns
- Possession of creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to think objectively
- Good copy and ability to tell a visual story
- Excellent listening skills
- basic design skills
The best tool for online digital marketing
The work of the seller in the past was often seen in the management of advertising agencies. But now there is a need to understand the technology. There is a wide arrange of free tools you can easily enjoy as a digital marketer today. Some of them are listed below:
- Google Alerts
- insight Facebook
- Twitter analytics
- Google the words Planner
- Keyword Tool
Many of this tools offer premium versions enhanced with more features and functions. This includes email marketing, digital marketing and specialized social media marketing platforms that make you to develop your marketing skills.
Digital marketing platforms
There are many digital marketing platforms where you can make use of your skill to earn a reputable income and few of them are:
Where You Can Sale Your Digital Marketing Skills As A Freelancer
If you want to work on your own as a freelancer online, you will be needing one or all these platforms to market your skills to potential customers. Register on any of them, make your profile as professional as possible, include all skills that will help you get found amidst thousands of users using the websites also offer something unique that could attract more customers to you;
Digital media is a growing source of income via shopping, social interaction, news and entertainment and consumers are now aware of not only what you said your brand is but what the media, relatives, colleagues, friends etc. say also. And they possibly believe them compared to you. People prefer a brand that can be trusted, a marketer that know them well, communications that are personalized, relevant and deals that meet your needs and desires. As a digital marketer, you need to understand the nuances of the new web model and how to put some perspective on how it looks to advantage, it is projected that $25 billion will be spent on social advertising in 2016. But despite the initial skepticism, Facebook advertisement can be very effective. So what are you waiting for.
Remember, Fintech can help you expand your Digital Marketing Business. If you ever want to raise some funding or find investors for your Business, follow our updates, check around TechBullion, you will find important tips to help you finance your Business.