The global logistics robots market size is expected to reach USD 14.93 billion in 2027 and register a CAGR of 15.3% during the forecast period. Increasing online retail trade and e-commerce has resulted in requirement of logistics robots for quick delivery. This has led to an increase in demand for logistics robots in countries across the globe.
Logistics robots are automated machines used for storing and moving goods. These robots are extensively used in storage units and warehouses to move products and organize them. Advantages of using logistics robots is that they reduce otherwise high cost of labor and enhances efficiency in comparison to manual effort, thereby resulting in high performance and increased profitability.
Logistic robots use Artificial Intelligence for efficiently managing flow of materials and offer flexibility, which is critical in optimizing supply chain for omnichannel distribution. Logistics robots are used to carry heavy payloads and cartons that not only ensure worker safety, but also decrease potential of product damage, misplacement, and loss due to theft. Additionally, rapidly increasing demand for logistics robots in military and defense applications and supply chain management are projected to drive growth of the logistics robots market going ahead.
However, high investments required for research and development and high initial and installation costs are predicted to negatively impact market growth. Steady adoption of technically advanced infrastructure is a major restraint for growth of the global logistics robots market.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Some key highlights in the report:
- The automated guided vehicles segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2020 owing to wide use of automated guided vehicles in warehouses to move inventory and materials. These vehicles are used as a substitute for manual pickup carts to reduce human intervention and increase accuracy and productivity of warehouse operations.
- Based on application, the palletizing and depalletizing segment is expected to register fastest revenue CAGR during the forecast period. Logistics robots with palletizing capabilities assist in efficient loading and unloading of objects without utilizing much time to learn.
- North America accounted for largest market revenue share in 2020 and is expected to continue its dominance over other regional markets during the forecast period. Rapid increase in number of distribution centers and warehouses, especially during COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, and rising investments in warehouse automation and Industry 4.0 are some factors supporting market growth in this region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to register a significantly rapid CAGR in comparison to other regional markets between 2021 and 2028, mainly due to advancements in retail and industrial sectors in some counties of the region.
- Major players operating in the logistics robots market include Omron Corporation, ABB Ltd., Alstef Group, Midea Group, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Toyota Industries Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Teradyne Inc., Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., and Kion Group AG.
- ABB Ltd. launched IRB 390 FlexPacker that has higher and faster payload for custom-made and vertical packing, high-speed sorting, and picking up orders in e-commerce and warehouses on demand.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global logistics robots market in terms of robot type, application, industry vertical, and region:
Robot Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2027)
- Automated Guided Vehicles
- Robot Arms
- Autonomous Mobile Robots
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2027)
- Palletizing & De-palletizing
- Pick & Place
Industry Verticals Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2027)
- E-commerce & Retail
- Food & Beverage
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2027)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/logistics-robots-market