The Liquid Fertilizers Market is expected to be valued at USD 3.07 Billion in 2027 from USD 2.26 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 3.8% through the forecast period. The market growth can be attributed to the easy and convenient application of liquid fertilizer and its high penetration rate compared to granular fertilizers. Liquid fertilizers offer enhanced uniformity by providing a consistent coating to the crops, thereby augmenting the market demand.
In farming, fertilizers account for substantial expenses, and hence, the determination of suitable and efficient fertilizers plays a pivotal role. Liquid fertilizers allow the plants to obtain easy access to all the vital nutrients. Several farmers are using liquid fertilizers to obtain rapid and immediate root growth early in the season. Organic liquid fertilizers are produced from naturally occurring materials such as green waste and food water and are not hazardous to animals or humans. Additionally, they boost the soil’s nutrient content, which, in turn, improves the soil quality, thereby adding traction to the market growth.
The augmented use of liquid fertilizers can also be accredited to the escalating trend of organic farming across the world to cater to the growing requirement and demand for organic food products. Various applications of liquid fertilizers, based on the land size, are also adding to the market demand. Processes such as spraying and misting are used to cover large areas, while hose sprayers and backpacks are used for smaller land areas.
Key Highlights from the Report:
- The nitrogen sub-segment is foreseen to dominate the industry growth throughout the projected timeframe. This growth can be ascribed to augmented nitrogen use across the agricultural sector to build amino acids to enhance the biochemical processes that support plant growth. Nitrogen fertilizers are also extensively used to overcome the inadequate availability of the nutrient in the soil.
- Organic fertilizers are estimated to account for a significant share of the industry due to the escalating demand for these fertilizers due to the accelerated adoption of organic and sustainable farming. Organic fertilizers, made from natural resources, provide comprehensive nourishment to the plants, which is boosting their adoption.
- The Asia Pacific region occupied a sizeable share of the industry, dominating the global market with a share of 32.0% in 2019. The regional growth is bolstered by the accelerated adoption of precision agriculture technology in the region, increased dependence on nitrogen-based fertilizers, and the rising need to overcome the low quality of the soil.
- The European market, in 2019, contributed to the global market revenue with USD 450 Million and is foreseen to expand at a CAGR of 3.2% during the projected period. The substantial growth in the region can be accredited to the increasing focus of the producers on developing energy-efficient technologies to boost ammonia production.
- Leading players of the industry include Foxfarm Fertilizer, Yara International ASA, Nutri-Tech Solutions PtyLtd, Plant Food Company Inc., ICL Fertilizers, AgroLiquid AD, Haifa Chemicals Ltd, Compo Expert GmbH, K+S Aktiengesellschaft, and Kugler Company, among others.
- In 2019, Yara International ASA introduced Yaralix, a tool implemented in precision farming to help farmers estimate the required crop nitrogen levels through smartphones.
- AgroLiquid AD, in November 2020, launched springuP, a liquid phosphorous product aimed to enhance crop productivity by supplying necessary quantities of phosphorous, nitrogen, and potassium at the early stage.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global Liquid Fertilizers Market on the basis of nutrients type, manufacturing process, compound, crop type, fertilizer application method, and region:
Nutrients Type Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
Manufacturing Process Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
Compound Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Potassium Nitrate
Crop Type Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
Fertilizer Application Method Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Direct Soil Application
- Folias Spray Application
Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Metric Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/liquid-fertilizers-market