The web-based setup website – extender.linksys.com – is used to complete the Linksys wifi Extender Setup. WiFi range extenders are specially designed to resolve the issue of WiFi dead spots. The WiFi signals from your network router are amplified by these devices before being transmitted to the connected devices. The strength of WiFi signals increases as a result and penetration loss is reduced as well.
Logging into the web-based Linksys range extender setup interface is the first step in the extender.linksys.com setup.
The following are the actions to take in order to log in:
- Using the power cable, connect the extender to the power supply. Wait until the lights have stabilized.
- Connect a computer or laptop to the Ethernet port on your Linksys extender using an Ethernet cable or CAT cable.
- Check for any cuts in the Ethernet cable and that the Ethernet ports are operational.
- The connections should be as tight as a fingernail.
- Now open your computer’s web browser and input extender.linksys.setup into the address box.
- When you press Enter, you’ll be prompted for a login and password.
- If you haven’t customized your credentials, they will be “admin” and “password.” (If you forget your password or if it claims the username or password is incorrect, contact professionals.)
- Click “Login” after providing your credentials.
- After a few moments, you’ll be directed to the extender.linksys.com setup page for Linksys extender setup.
Note: The instructions above are for extenders that have not been configured. If your extender has already been set up, go to the following section to get to the Linksys smart WiFi setup page.
Linksys wifi extender setup page
Having trouble accessing the extender.linksys.com web-based setup page using the methods above? If this is the case, your range extender is already installed. To get to the Linksys wireless extender setup page, follow these steps (depending on your device’s operating system):
Operating System: Windows 10
- Open file explorer by pressing the start button.
- On the left pane, tap “Network.”
- Right-click on the name of the booster in the network.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select “see device web-page.”
- Click “login” after entering the allotted username and password.
- The extender.linksys.com web-based setup page will now open in your browser.
Operating System: Windows 8/8.1
- Go to the charms bar – the right-hand bar that displays five icons on your home screen – and select search.
- Type “Network” in the prompt box and hit enter.
- Select the Network application from the drop-down menu.
- Right-click on the extender’s icon in the Network and select “properties.”
- From here, write down the IP address of your wifi extender.
- To find the IP address, open a web browser and type it into the address bar.
- That concludes our discussion. You’ll now be on the extender.linksys.com configuration page for the extender.
For use with the Mac IOS
- In the Safari web browser, go to the Bookmarks tab.
- Select Bonjour from the drop-down menu and double-click it.
- If you haven’t given your extender’s network login and password, use admin and password as credentials.
- You will now be sent to a wireless extender configuration page at extender.linksys.com.
Can’t go to the setup page? Now is the time to contact our specialists at our toll-free number or through live chat.
Mac address for Linksys extender setup
To access the smart WiFi setup page on a Linksys RE6400, RE6300, or RE6700, type Linksys RE6500 set up in the address bar for Windows and Linksys RE9000 setup for Mac users. The last three characters of your router’s MAC address are represented by the three Xs. If you’re not sure where to look for the MAC address, go to the extender settings page, pick status, and then WLAN Statistics. The MAC address of your extender can be found here.
Still, having trouble accessing the Linksys extender setup page? Reset your Extender if necessary.
Can’t access Linksys extender setup page?
There could be a number of reasons why you are unable to access the Linksys extender login page via extender.linksys.com. Check the things given below to make sure everything is in order!
- All of your connected connections are secure and secure. There are no breaks in any of the wires.
- Check that your Linksys extender is turned on and receiving enough power.
- The computer or laptop on which you are accessing the Linksys smart WiFi setup wizard is not infected.
- The web browser you’re using to visit extender.linksys.com has the most recent software version installed.
- Your web browser’s cache, cookies, and history have all been cleared.
- The URL address https://extender.linksys.com has been typed into the browser’s address bar.
- The URL you entered to access the Linksys extender login page has no typos.
- To log in to your Linksys extender, you have entered the correct password.
Have you double-checked the points mentioned above? The Linksys extender login issues should no longer be an issue for you. If the problem persists and you are unable to access the Linksys extender setup procedure, please contact our highly-trained professionals for assistance and get ready to enjoy your WiFi’s expanded network as much as you like.