In the area of medical imaging, computer-aided diagnosis is a popular technique required in medical image analysis. CADx or computer-aided diagnosis, also otherwise known as computer-aided detection, is a modern system extensively deployed by doctors, especially radiologists, for precisely interpreting and examining medical images.
Computer-aided diagnosis systems aid in digital image processing along with highlighting the crucial sections of such images for enabling medical professionals in making appropriate decisions for patient treatment. Additionally, this CAD technology is made by combining AI (artificial intelligence) and advanced computer vision technology, integrated with pathology and radiological features of image processing.
The growing prevalence of different types of cancer, such as breast, colorectal, lung, and prostate cancers, is the crucial factor propelling the industry. Moreover, the rising awareness regarding the treatments of cancer and frequent medical check-ups have augmented the demand for this medical technology. Furthermore, the rising implementation of these digital imaging techniques has resulted in enhanced CAD solutions, thus, triggered the demand for integrating such solutions with several types of imaging equipment.
Key highlights of the report:
- One of the most prominent applications of this technology is in cancer imaging, especially breast cancer. This type of cancer is one of the primary causes of fatality among women globally.
- Many diagnostic centres and hospitals have started acquiring CAD technology for breast cancer’s preventive clinical diagnosis and check-ups. Moreover, this technology aids in the primary detection of lung cancer, several neurological and cardiovascular diseases, and the colon’s polyps.
- The growing CAD applications in various medical areas, high investments in R & D for computer-aided diagnosis, the increasing medical tourism, and the surging demand for favourable health insurance from patients, are the significant factors accelerating the industry growth.
- North America is leading the overall industry due to the increasing adoption of this advanced CAD technology in the diagnosis of cancer.
- Major companies in the industry are Agfa-Gevaert N.V, Toshiba Medical Systems Corp., Philips Healthcare, iCAD, Inc., Hologic, Inc., Invivo Corporation, Siemens Healthcare, G.E. Healthcare Ltd., and McKesson Corporation.
Computer-Aided Diagnosis Market: Segmentation
By Imaging Modalities (Revenue, USD Million, 2017- 2027)
- Computed tomography
- Ultrasound imaging
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
By Application (Revenue, USD Million, 2017- 2027)
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer Liver cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Bone cancer
- Others (cardiovascular and neurological indications)
By End-User (Revenue, USD Million, 2017- 2027)
- Diagnostic centers
- Research centers
By Region (Revenue, USD Million, 2017- 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Have a look at Report Description and Table of Contents of Market Report@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/computer-aided-diagnosis-market
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.