According to Fact.MR’s analysis, the worldwide Greek yoghurt market is predicted to develop at a strong rate of 7.6% CAGR from 2017 to 2022. Greek yoghurt is high in protein, making it a healthier alternative to conventional yoghurt. As a result, demand for Greek yoghurt is growing. Manufacturers are also offering a range of flavours to enhance the taste, as well as combining low-sugar, high-fiber cereal with Greek yoghurt to make it more satisfying and nutritious. The following are some predictions about the worldwide Greek yoghurt market’s future.
The amount of various dairy products that should be consumed on a daily basis to maintain a healthy diet is shown in the recommended daily dairy consumption chart. Yogurt is a key component of a well-balanced diet when it comes to dairy products.
Global Greek Yogurt Market: 6 Forecast Highlights
- During the forecast period, 2017-2022, North America is predicted to lead the worldwide Greek yoghurt market. The North American Greek yoghurt market is expected to reach close to US$ 2,800 million in revenue by the end of 2022.
- Greece’s yoghurt is predicted to be the second-largest market in Europe. Greek yogurt’s popularity as a substitute for cream cheese, butter, and sour cream has increased its use in a variety of food products, making it one of the causes driving the Greek yoghurt market in Europe.
- By the end of 2022, spoonable Greek yoghurt is expected to generate approximately $5,600 million in revenue. Nearly three-quarters of the income share is expected to come from spoonable Greek yoghurt.
- Consumers are predicted to prefer Greek yoghurt in cups and tubs over bottled Greek yoghurt. By the end of 2017, Greek yoghurt in cups and tubs is expected to account for about a third of the revenue share.
- Greek yoghurt sales in modern trade are likely to increase dramatically. Modern trade is expected to reach a value of around US$ 3,400 million by the end of 2022. Meanwhile, throughout the projected period of 2017-2022, specialty retailers are expected to increase rapidly.
- By the end of 2017, traditional Greek yoghurt is expected to account for more than two-thirds of the sales share. During the period 2017-2022, regular Greek yoghurt is expected to generate an incremental potential of over US$ 1,500 million.
How is the Versatile Nature of Greek Yogurt Spurring Sales across Key Regions?
Greek yoghurt, also known as concentrated or strained yoghurt, is created by straining regular yoghurt to remove the whey and other liquids. Greek yoghurt is rapidly being introduced into other meals, despite its origins as a breakfast snack. It’s also a favourite among chefs who want to improve the flavour of their dishes.
Greek yoghurt has been used in smoothies in recent years to add a protein-rich basis and boost nutritional value. It’s also been used to improve the smoothness of soups and as a flavorful spread for burgers and patties like corn basil cakes. Greek yoghurt is frequently used as a dessert topping in popsicles and pastries.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample –