The In Silico Drug Discovery Market is expected to be valued at USD 6.34 Billion in 2027 from USD 2.38 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 13.0% through the forecast period. The escalating patient pool suffering from chronic illnesses and the growing investment from the pharmaceutical firms to expand the scope for research and development pertaining to numerous drugs to cater to unmet medical needs are heavily influencing the market expansion. The in silico drug discovery technology helps in the design and development of novel drug products.
The in silico market is observing exponential growth due to the increasing focus of biotechnology and pharmaceutical firms on the development of drugs using computer-aided technologies. The pharma companies are leveraging the technology to discover drugs for complex and rare diseases to meet the unmet clinical demand. The in silico drug discovery process is extensively deployed in the preclinical stage of small molecule drugs research and development and clinical candidates in various clinical development stages. The escalating advancement in information technology and the advent of breakthrough innovation in computational chemistry have made the discovery of novel drug compounds easier.
The availability of various other options to perform standard operations such as customization capabilities and data mining on A.I. platforms is another factor driving the demand for in silico drug discovery market. However, the scarcity of data sets in drug discovery and the absence of skilled professionals is projected to impede the market growth over the estimated timeframe.
Key Highlights from Report:
- The in silico molecular techniques are gaining traction for the engineering of antibodies. The technology is extensively used to design antibodies, including structure modeling, stability evaluation of antibody, antigen-antibody complex prediction, and allosteric effects in antibodies.
- Computer-aided drug methodologies play a critical role in the discovery of novel drug compounds. The method is also used to limit the usage of animal models in biopharmaceutical research, assist in the designing of innovative, safe, and efficient drug candidates, and provide extensive support to pharmacologists and medical chemists.
- The application of information technology in drug discovery procedures is observing an exponential growth in the Asia Pacific region owing to the escalating R&D activities and expansion of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. Moreover, the presence of prominent industry players, escalating patient pool, and the emergence of better healthcare facilities are augmenting the regional growth.
- Major companies of the industry include Certara USA, Inc., Chemical Computing Group ULC, Charles River, Albany Molecular Research Inc., Dassault System (Biovia), Evotec A.G., ICAGEN, Inc., Novo Informatics Pvt. Ltd., Collaborative Drug Discovery Inc., and GVK Biosciences Private Limited, among others.
- Lead Pharma, in November 2020, collaborated and signed a license agreement with Swiss pharmaceutical firm Roche AG for the developing oral small molecule drugs for the treatment of a broad spectrum of immune-mediated illnesses. Lead Pharma is leveraging in silico lab for computation chemistry, data mining, and bioinformatics activities.
Workflow Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Target Identification
- Reverse Docking
- Protein Structure Prediction
- Target Validation
- Lead Discovery
- Library Design
- Preclinical Tests
- Clinical Trials
- Target Identification
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Consultancy as a Service
- Software as a Service (Cloud)
Type of Large Molecule Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Nucleic Acids
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Contract Research Organizations
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical Industry
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: